Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
OK, SiNgHsAnE and acm223 are out.

We were going to give acm223 another chance, but he hasn't been on the site in days, and we don't really have time for that. SiNgHsAnE dropped out for personal reasons.

This leaves the Northeast and Eastern Canada positions open. Hopefully blazernut can try to cover Canada for the time being and somehow we will cover the Northeast until we can find members to move into those positions.

I think what we will do is make the official announcement and let people start joining, then pick through those names and discuss it amongst ourselves.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
OK, SiNgHsAnE and acm223 are out.

We were going to give acm223 another chance, but he hasn't been on the site in days, and we don't really have time for that. SiNgHsAnE dropped out for personal reasons.

This leaves the Northeast and Eastern Canada positions open. Hopefully blazernut can try to cover Canada for the time being and somehow we will cover the Northeast until we can find members to move into those positions.

I think what we will do is make the official announcement and let people start joining, then pick through those names and discuss it amongst ourselves.

sounds good jimmy; but one thing that i was thinkng about is once it is anounced according to the chapter rules, isn't a member supposed to meet the different criteria before we accept them into the chapter; like the post count and attend a meet; are we going to have a lot of people wanting to join different chapters but because they have not attended a meet we will have to reject people and then that will piss off people; that is what i worry about

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Kevin has a good point....if we make the announcement and people can't meet the requirements then what?? Or do we lean up a bit on the rules until we have a meet? I have some guys down here chomping at the bit to have a meet.....should I set up a meet and then ask them to join???

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
Kevin has a good point....if we make the announcement and people can't meet the requirements then what?? Or do we lean up a bit on the rules until we have a meet? I have some guys down here chomping at the bit to have a meet.....should I set up a meet and then ask them to join???
yes, for now the meet requirement we will waive, we want members to join and get excited about coming to a meet to fill that requirement. sure there are some guys that may never come to a meet but lets get it started and worry about that later. we want spark the excitement about this right now.

cool?

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
yes, for now the meet requirement we will waive, we want members to join and get excited about coming to a meet to fill that requirement. sure there are some guys that may never come to a meet but lets get it started and worry about that later. we want spark the excitement about this right now.

cool?
soudns good Ed:thumbsup:; did you guys ever figure out if we can sticky thread or do we just need to let you know if we need a thread sticked or un sticked

edit... where will the chapters page be located for normal members? i know we have a shortcut to the chapteds in the presidents lounge but for normal members other then the announcment jimmy just posted how will they be able to get to that page? I would recomend that when you click on the threads for a particular area then the chapter page should be at the top above the sticky's for each different area:m2:

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
soudns good Ed:thumbsup:; did you guys ever figure out if we can sticky thread or do we just need to let you know if we need a thread sticked or un sticked

edit... where will the chapters page be located for normal members? i know we have a shortcut to the chapteds in the presidents lounge but for normal members other then the announcment jimmy just posted how will they be able to get to that page? I would recomend that when you click on the threads for a particular area then the chapter page should be at the top above the sticky's for each different area:m2:
They will click the link in that post I made for now. When I get some time, I will be making a portal page for the Chapters. The link you click on in your section is the same link they will click on, just from within that post since they don't see your link.

I am also going to try to add a link to each of the Chapter forum descriptions if the software will allow me to.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Damn Kevin, you read my mind on that edit....what is the saying?? Great minds think alike??? Oh wait!!! we all dirve GMT 360's dont we!!!!:bonk:

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
I was thinking since SiNgHsAnE has stepped down, how about asking Glue boy to take his spot...I think he would do a good job :yes:

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thats a good idea Steve! I dont know whats up with glue lately but I feel like Ive been a little MIA lately and Im trying to fix that!:bonk:
Glue Brain isn't a bad idea :undecided I don't remember where exactly he is from, is he on the correct side or is he going to be in blazerbut's way?

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
Thats a good idea Steve! I dont know whats up with glue lately but I feel like Ive been a little MIA lately and Im trying to fix that!:bonk:
well my good idea for the year has been fullfilled, now I can relax :crackup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
so I had my first member get mad because of a turn down...:dielaugh:

(quote ed) chapter join request
1. Profile information must be completed and up to date, including location and vehicle
2. Gallery must contain at least 3 pictures of your vehicle
3. You must attend at least 1 meet, show, or "get-together" (minimum 3 TrailVoy.com members) a year
4. You must stay active as a member on the site (10 posts a month)

sorry these are the rules.)

(quote lisnjay)
Well rules are rules, seems like it would keep quite a few people out though)

(quote ed)
no, not really, everyone has their own axe to grind
your profile has no location
you have no pics
you are not really actice, you joined on 2-4-08 with only 21 post

so I mean I'm not being unfair here, right? )

(quote lisnjay)
I never said you were being unfair. And it's spelled active. I was trying to join the midwest chapter.... That would make it seem like I live in the midwest. Why on earth would you want me to take up space on your server with pics of a totally bone stock LS and as for the posts, I may not post much, but have read every one.

Thanks anyway. )

:laugh:...get ready guys this is the kind of crap you have to deal with.....:weird:

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
well I guess we're not going to satisfy everyone Ed :rolleyes:....BTW what happened to your Crest?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
why do all the crazys come to me....:weird:

Originally Posted by big ed
you have a few things to work on to fulfill membership requirements, we will gladly accept your join request then.

Here are the basic requirements for members to join a chapter:

You must own a GMT360 vehicle
Profile information must be completed and up to date, including location and vehicle
Gallery must contain at least 3 pictures of your vehicle
You must have no less then 20 posts to join a Chapter.
You must attend at least 1 meet, show, or "get-together" (minimum 3 TrailVoy.com members) a year
You must stay active as a member on the site (10 posts a month)
If you have not been active for at least 3 months, you can be removed without warning. Military members are exempt from this rule.
If removed from a Chapter due to inactivity, you may rejoin after 1 month of normal activity at the discretion of a Moderator or Chapter President
The Moderators and Chapter Presidents reserve the right to make changes as necessary in the best interest of the Chapter.
Eligible members should have had no infractions within the past 6 months
Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents reserve the right to deny access to any member for any reason, likewise they can remove a member from a chapter for any reason.

(quote ascendotuum86)
What? You gotta be kidding me with this. I only signed up cuz I saw it on Vinman's profile and he definitely doesnt meet half this either heck he only owned a GMT for like 6 months.

(quote ed)
ok, please read all these rule's, here is the main one for now.

1.Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents reserve the right to deny access to any member for any reason, likewise they can remove a member from a chapter for any reason.

2. vinman has 70 post
3. you have 7 post....
4. vinman has pictures posted
5. you have none....

now I know not every one has been to a meet yet, but I have let some members in with a promise they will attend one this year. so before you question my decision you should read the rules and check the facts.

big ed

:weird:

PS: more

(quote ascendotuum86)
The promise of what event? The one we are planning ourselves since we actually live in new england? That area which this "chapter" is supposed to encompass? Yeah, good luck getting that event to happen with vinman. He didnt even contact the parks department, so if you're hoping he plans the event you might be waiting longer than this year. I guess next time I have an idea about coordinating a meet I will have to post so under my own account.

(quote ed)
I never said he was to attend any specific meet, just attend one this year to meet the membership requirement. what does he have to do with your being accepted into the chapter. and yes I and jman423 are running that chapter because that chapter have no president right now. seeing the attitude you have now, talking about other members, complaining when all you had to do was reach 20 post or more and post at least 3 pictures and promise to attend a meet this year, to get in. I really don't think you are the type of members we want in anyway.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts