Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
256 Posts
Since in order for these to be made, the consumers are having to shell out $125,000 for a product to be made for both the trailblazer and envoy. Does that also mean those same consumers will share in the profit made by them? Since a product isnt already available but instead the consumer is funding a good part of it isnt it only fair?

It just kind of bothers me that a company of this size, in this industry for more then 40 years requires all this money from its consumers to do what they normally do. It says on the site they dont sell to the public directly from Bushwacker but they will when the consumer is funding the project?

Do you offer military discount?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Since in order for these to be made, the consumers are having to shell out $125,000 for a product to be made for both the trailblazer and envoy. Does that also mean those same consumers will share in the profit made by them? Since a product isnt already available but instead the consumer is funding a good part of it isnt it only fair?

It just kind of bothers me that a company of this size, in this industry for more then 40 years requires all this money from its consumers to do what they normally do. It says on the site they dont sell to the public directly from Bushwacker but they will when the consumer is funding the project?

Do you offer military discount?

Thank you for airing your concerns, we want this to be an open discussion where we can provide as many details as we can, where possible. You're right that we don't sell to the public, we primarily sell to warehouse distributors who order products in very large quantities. This is how our business works, we can't manufacturer products in small runs because of the very large infrastructure costs. This is also why we've never made a Trailblazer flare to this point, there's no indication that there's a market to support the amortization our very large R&D, tooling and manufacturing costs long term. SUV Fender Flares typically do not sell well, outside of Jeeps. Given the enthusiasm we received we decided to take the risk and offer to support the off-road Trailblazer community's requests with specific Group Buy terms and conditions. We want to be advocates for people that ask for our products, and this Group Buy offer with a large discount and two-step deferred pricing is above and beyond anything we have done before, for anyone, for over 40 years of being in business supporting off-road communities.

I hope this explains our position regarding the size of the order requirement... This is the most amount of information I can offer about our business, costs and the minimum order requirement. Regarding additional discounts on top of the first considerable discount, our current pricing is the best we can offer.

Thank you and keep the questions coming. We'll answer what we can!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
well i'm in

question....why do you need $62,500 for R&D?
the molds to make the fender flares that fit into the injection molding machines, are very expensive. they can vary from 3-10k a piece. and they will need 4 pieces.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
130 Posts
Well I'm in. I wonder what how many have signed up ? I dont have facebook so does any body know at this point?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Group Buy Update

Update: (Sept 07, 2011)

The survey period has closed and we have opened up a new link for pre-orders of the following part
Chevrolet Trailblazer
Pocket Style Fender Flares
1.50 in. tire coverage

If you want to pre-order to take advantage of this exclusive offer, at deep discount pricing please fill out the following order form by September 21st, 2011.

Pre-Order Form Link - Click to order by Sept 21st!
http://bushwacker.polldaddy.com/s/trailblazer-group-buy-order-form

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.