Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 blazer and when the car is OFF a loud sound goes on for a few minutes and eventually stops almost like an air or fan sound. What could it be? Have a video but can’t post it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next day went to start it and just got nothing but a little click noise, changed the starter works now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very strange , but new starter solved my problems. No clue why it made the noise when my car was turned off , next day wouldn’t even start.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
150 Posts
Not questioning the end result, but those symptoms were unique.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea it was weird starter was last thing I expected when I heard the noise I thought it was a fan or raditior issue .

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Yea it was weird starter was last thing I expected when I heard the noise I thought it was a fan or raditior issue .
I had a strange noise on my 5.3 voy when i first got it. Driving low speeds you could hear a tin can type noise. I couldnt figure it out till one day my wife borrowed it and got somewhere and it wouldnt start. So i tested and wound up putting a starter on it. Well once i got old starter out i found the issue. The gear was loose and rattling around. And then test drove and noise was gone never to return.

Here is a video of my noise. Just figured id post in this so other people could see the wierd noises can be the most unlikely things.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Towards the end of video with window down you can really hear it. When inside it was very faint. Was starter whole time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts