Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyways, with the advent of dynamt in my car, I have realized that I have added almost the weight of another person in gear and dynamat and plain shtuff. So besides the spare tire, is there anything else in the vehicle that can afford to be ditched in the effort to not be driving a weighted down suv?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Well, the average weight of a gallon of gasoline is 6.216 lbs... So if you only drive around with a gallon or two in the tank, you could shave off close to 100 lbs... :rotfl:

Seriously, what else would there be to remove? I'm sure the resonator is a good 10 lbs you can toss...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
take the rear seats out LOL who the **** needs those anyway :crackup:

not to be a ****.. ok maybe being a ****, but its kinda hard to make a 4500 pound SUV go on a diet.. :ugh:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea on the seats but I have stuff under there... (plus the owner might get slightly p/o'd.)

Already kicked the can.

I know there's not much to ditch, just wondering if anyone had any ideas before I'm driving a fat old lady.

Back seat replacement platform? Where's the thread? Wheres the pics for this one?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
You can take the spare tire off, thats a good 50 lbs maybe. but in case of an emergency.....your choice.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@wardak: emergency = AAA. I still have to destick my spare tire clasp tho, damned rain.

@Roadie: Lipstick color is already black and shes only slightly chubby at this point. The add'l dynamat will probably put her over :laugh:

And I have no idea being called a noob by someone with 7000 posts you old man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
476 Posts
If you are ditching the spare tire* you might as well remove the spare tire winch, jack, lug wrench, and tire chocks too.

Do you have children that use car seats? If not, you can remove the four steel anchor points for kiddie seats.

Lots of folks remove their roof racks. If you sometimes use the rack you could run w/o the cross bars.

Rarely does anyone sit in the back seat of my TB. The rear floor mats are easily tossed.

Take the owners manual out of the glove compartment.

In my case the best thing to do would be for me to loose ten (or more!) pounds.

* AAA will change your flat tire if you have a spare but I am 99% certain they will not repair your tire by the side of the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts