1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for these Verde Scorpions or Diamonds
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/Verde-Diamond-Chrome.html

Wheelsnext says they arent available for an 02 or 06 Envoy and in fact only shows 1 page of 17inch rims. If i tell the site I have an 02 or 06 trailblazer I have 3 pages of rims including these Verdes i am looking into......

Is this bogus? I see the rims are 17x7.5 instead of 17x8 but as far as I know the last thing that is different between these 2 cars are rims and the wheel well surrounding them....... and brake setup behind them.

Is the sight wrong or what?
thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
I know a few members who have put TB wheels on an Envoy, Envoy wheels on a TB... Hell, I'm running Rainier wheels on my TB. The only thing I see being an issue would be clearance for the calipers if the Envoy has larger brakes... which I don't think would be an issue with 17's...

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sounds good to me.
Looking at the tire package they offer these tires for the sizes

17x8
255/65/17

17x7.5
255/65/17 265/60/17

It looks to me that they may have keyed in that Envoy can only have 17x8s?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
this is interesting!,,,i know voy and tb wheels ARE interchangable because there is a few guys that have tbss wheels on their voy.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well this site really helps to understand what exactly are the differences......

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

I highly doubt the caliper setup/wheel clearance is different between these vehicles.
I would call the people and make them double check but then that puts me into a situation of talking to some idiot that insists its different and refuses to sell the rims when they are not!! haha....

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.