Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK am I the ONLY one who wants nice, factory looking LED taillights? I have been searching forever and have only found these nasty bermuda ones that look like they belong on a honda civic... (sorry if you have these but they area really not my taste)

OK OK you guys get the point, i can maybe see you getting away with the smoked ones on a dark color trailblazer but seriously, it would look RETARDED on a light colored trailblazer.

So what?

What would it take to get a company to mass produce tails for our cars that are the factory taillight (which I think look nice to begin with) and implement a **** ton of LEDS into them.

Yes I know you can buy led replacement bulbs from any ricer site on the internet, but that's not what I want. I'm looking to get a quality product made somehow.

SO WHOS COMIN WITH ME!?

I e-mailed a company called custom led ... their website is www.customled.com

I wrote them an e-mail about this idea and they haven't written back yet. I'll keep you guys posted, but until then, how many of you guys would actually be interested in something like this? Maybe regular and smoked versions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
you know, im with you...

GM has done a very good job on keeping the cadillac LEDS looking nice, but i think maybe the SS chevys should get more individualism....i would love to see the LEDS on a TBSS...

let me know what the company says!
:)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I agree, but I have to say I like the LED tails on dark colored TBs a lot. Really different from the million other TBs out there on the road.

I would love to see the SS concept LED tails made, they are schweeet!!:yes:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
I think the biggest deterrent is the size of our brakelights. each brakelight is 4 inches in diameter. I placed leds on a piece of perf board to figure out how many LEDs it would take to do this, it would take 112 LEDs per brakelight for a grand total of 448. that is expensive. on that custom led page they are selling 1.5" diameter clusters of leds for ~$50.......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
I think the biggest deterrent is the size of our brakelights. each brakelight is 4 inches in diameter. I placed leds on a piece of perf board to figure out how many LEDs it would take to do this, it would take 112 LEDs per brakelight for a grand total of 448. that is expensive. on that custom led page they are selling 1.5" diameter clusters of leds for ~$50.......
well i see what you are trying to say but i think youre wrong. :)

the reason being, a few companies manufactured LED tail lights (the housings, the guts, the whole nine yards) for my old Audi and they are way bigger in size than the TB tails... it looks like the companies used way less (than 448 leds) and used bigger sized leds. heres an example of those:

oh and those were going for under 300 bucks

I know this can be done

so if you count leds on that Audi tail light it looks like there are 24

if you split those 24 leds to... 12 LEDS on the top "running light"

12 leds to our "brake light"

and kept the reverse light a actual halogen bulb you're good to go.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
OK am I the ONLY one who wants nice, factory looking LED taillights? I have been searching forever and have only found these nasty bermuda ones that look like they belong on a honda civic... (sorry if you have these but they area really not my taste)

http://www.autocarparts.com/imagemagic.php?img=0d3K1cvcoqCpmJ+cn6vHopmflNPjzw==&w=357&h=500&page=popup&from=

http://www.autocarparts.com/imagemagic.php?img=0d3K1cvcot7V0dfJ1djbn5qknKHSmqCbnNDZ2g==&w=353&h=500&page=popup&from=

The same company that makes the ones you linked to (In Pro Car Wear) also makes a version called Bermuda Black. It has black instead of the silver

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-Chevy-TrailBlazer-Bermuda-Black-LED-Tail-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ004QQitemZ140031819543QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I wouldn't do the silver ones either, but I would (and hope to some day) do the bermuda black ones.

·
Banned
6,583 Posts
I did this to my daily driver.I installed 55 leds in each side for a total of 110 on both sides.
I have a group buy going on another Ford site that people just loved them.
You really can't distinguish the LED b/c of the way the lense is on these taillights.

For those wondering the 3rd brake light has 20 leds, the stock one has 5 or 6

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
I did this to my daily driver.I installed 55 leds in each side for a total of 110 on both sides.
I have a group buy going on another Ford site that people just loved them.
You really can't distinguish the LED b/c of the way the lense is on these taillights.

For those wondering the 3rd brake light has 20 leds, the stock one has 5 or 6
So, are you going to write up a how to on this mod?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont get me wrong, the entire line of in-pro tails "bermuda" lights or whatever, im sure they look sweet as hell at night, but im just really picky about the way things look on my cars...
im just not sure the bermuda "black" ones would look all that great... I like the way our stock tails look and i think it would be really cool to have led versions

here are teh bermuda "black" led tails

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
hey audi i agree with you 100% i love the stock look but would like some led's or another option than those shown above, i was actually going to hve the tail's smoked there is a body shop right down the street that does an amazing job with smoking the tails it comes out so smooth it looks like tinted windows and does not charge to much to do. i say those spider leds a while ago but i have not seen one on a tb yet, they are costly but if they look good why not!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts