Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT LT 4.2L 6 cylinder 4x4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my question is can you spray WD-40 on your electrical connectors, struts, shocks and control arms, ball joints and things of that nature?????

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,229 Posts
Sure. But what is it you are trying to accomplish?

Reactions: Schurkey

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,229 Posts
The thing to realize about WD-40 is that it was developed to displace water and then evaporate at a later point. While you can spray something, say a rusting section of steel tubing, and it will displace any moisture that is present in the rust and wherever it creeps, it will not act as a barrier or a protectant against future moisture intrusion because of it's volatility. It might stick around for a few days or a week or so, but beyond that, forget it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
I just seen a video of someone doing it and just thought he was crazy.
I wouldn't think this would have to be said --- but there are a lot of things on the interwebs that are just plain ol' unhealthy, impractical, ignorant, ill-advised, retarded and dangerous.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you know what West Texas pinstripes are, a handy preventative measure is to wipe the truck down with WD#40 pre-excursion. Amazing how the scratchy stuff just slips along the body with a good layer of WD. Yes, you’ll collect some dust, but it comes off super easy at the next wash. Go for the 1 gallón can, no aerosol. Hit those wheel wells too if you think some sticky clay mud might be a possibility.

If you already have the West Texas pinstripes in effect, and you need to sell your rig…go straight back to the WD.Great temporary scratch-hider from archaic lowrider times.😜

1 - 9 of 9 Posts