Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newb but didn't know where to put this so I put this in the appearance section.

I recently bought a 06 TB in the beginning of March, it was a lease vehicle. It is certified and I still have the bumper to bumper warranty until June and GM certified warranty until June 2011.

I notice that many TB LS and LT have a defect in the front bumper under the main grill - it is like the ABS plastic is warped (wavy shape) . Is this something that can be covered by the warranty like getting a new front bumper ;) :bonk:

I've been getting a lot of work done by my local dealership like new steering column, back wiper motor, new center console pieces, etc. I just don't want to sound stupid and ask them to fix something that is not covered.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Can't really help you, but I believe they just use Velcro to fix the problem. A lot of people have asked this question.
:iagree:

I think there was a tsb on this, meaning the dealer did just use velcro.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Thanks - I pulled a newb and should of searched. :suicide:

found something - http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=31034&highlight=wavy+front+bumper

Any other suggestions - I was hoping for a new bumper because I have some blemishes lol
Thank you for searching :yes:

The TSB will add 3M Dual lock tape under the bumper cober to help even it out. That's what was done on mine and it is still nice to this day, about 2 years after the dealer did it.

Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help - I will be going to the dealership today to get my steering column replaced and will ask them to fix my front bumper. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts