Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've done some searching, seems to be a common problem; not finding any solutions though.

I'm getting water under the drivers side dash just above the hood release handle, only when it rains hard. My sunroof drain is not clogged. I have poured water down it and it flows right out the hose inside the door hinge area. I do not appear to have any water in the head liner either. It also doesn't look as if water gets into my door hinge area as well. (dry after driving in rain). My A/C condensation line is also draining fine.

I was questioning the windshield, but the water does not appear to go forward that far. I took off the cover that looks like a fuse box cover between the door and dash; no signs in that area other than the wire harness just below.

The water seems to accumulate by the hood release handle and then it travels towards the center of the truck along the lower knee kick panel.

I pulled the molding back that seals the door shut and it was dry inside even after just being in the rain.

The fabric wireharness above the e-brake handle gets wet.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a TSB possibly regarding this ? Still trying to see if anyone has a quick fix before I keep taking stuff apart ???

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
82 Posts
Nope,I would of guest it was either the front or back drains on the sunroof then the windshield ,a/c would be passenger side.Maybe a drain in the cowl area under the windshield wipers?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I'm thinking the cowl area as well. Probably going to wait for a nice day and pull the wipers off and A pillar seals and go to town with black RTV.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well since nobody wants to chip in and help out.... I found it, and it was none of the above.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Redtblazer, I do appreciate your input.

Was just a little frustrated that I did not get any other info being this is such a common problem in these vehicles.

It was the roof rack. I removed my rack, (6 screws each side). I caulked around each of the "rivet/nuts" with black RTV and also put a little inside the threads. I also wrapped the screws with Teflon tape and reinstalled.

Doing well so far...

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
63 Posts
Could this leaking water , rain be going into the fuse box ? causing all kinds of problems like the traction control and abs leds to go on ? maybe It seems to happen after an extremely long and heavy rain fall...

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's usually caused by an HVAC system component in the dashboard leaking into onto the floor on the passenger's side. As it works to keep your car cool, the A/C system creates a lot of condensation. This condensation normally drips down the evaporator drain hose and onto the ground harmlessly as you drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts