Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i just realized my water pump is about to go on my 03 TB ls what all is involved in replacing it and am i gonna have to deal with any timing chain issues. Please give any info. And also is this something i can do myself?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,671 Posts
No timing chain issues. The water pump is fairly easy to change, once you remove the fan clutch. Do a search - some people have had trouble getting the fan clutch loosen - others have said it came right off.
We have a lot of articles about removing the fan clutch.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
disconnect battery, drain coolant, remove fan shroud, fan clutch, the serpentine belt and water pump pulley. remove water pump, clean mating surface on block. apply RTV sealant to both sides of new gasket, install water pump and torque bolts to proper torque, install pump pulley and torque to proper setting. Remainder of procedure is reverse of removal.

search the forums for more info about how to remove the fan/fancluch

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,864 Posts
Do not apply RTV to the gasket. That just makes things a royal pain in the ass for the next person if it has to be replaced again or removed for whatever reason. Besides, it doesn't need it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.