Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I recently had my engine bay cleaned cause I work in construction and my engine was filthy. I don't have access to a hose so this was my only option. Anyhow after the engine wash which was some solvent with a high pressure hose and a rinse at a local quick lube my truck felt as if it wanted to stall out. When I got home I ran my reader and it came up misfire. After experiencing code this before I knew what to look for. So as I lifted the coil out of the block I noticed it was drenched. I drew out all the water, as much as I could using a rag and an extension. I couldnt tell if there was any in the spark plug but I thought no because there screwed in good. I didn't worry much about water getting mixed with oil because I addressed the issue quickly, however I noticed a different head now has water in it but I didn't wash it since that same day. I'm thinking that the water entered through the coils due to the wash.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Should I be worried that I may have done some damage to the coils or the heads seeing that 2 of them took on water. I'm not driving it any more till I take the remaining 4 coils out and inspect them. Can't do it till the morning its dark out and full of bugs.

If any thing this is truly a lesson learned about washing the engine. Maybe a little silicone or gasket sealant should be applied beneath the coils upon locking them in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
currently experiencing same problem just with two furthest back, but i didnt get a wash im thinking the seal is bad underneath the windshield wiper cover or housing whatever it is called. I used a shop vac, fan , air compressor, and a little heat gun action to clear up the water but im trying to see if it could have caused any engine damage and if it is possible to re-use the same coils after cleaning/sanding etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts