Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my washer fluid pump just calfed. I've looked in my Haines manual and they don't even tell you where it is, let alone how to fix it. (I wonder why I bought that book now if it won't even cover that basic info...) :confused:

I don't have a proper garage to work in anymore, so I gotta plan this properly.

Can anyone post me up a pic on where it is located and possibly what I could check to make sure it's the pump and not something else?

I've already done this:
- The tank is full.
- The fuse for it is good.
- The relay seems to be in good order as well (did a relay swap).
- I don't hear the pump working when I activate it. No hum, nothing.

Thanks in advance! :tiphat

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Stef pumps are at the front of the bottle if you need pics lemme know. Pull the cover off of the air cleaner and look down.

Jason

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
As always, exploded parts diagrams are at www.compnine.com, and you can often get a link to a diagram by drilling down in the parts listing at parts4chevys.com and seeing if there's a "View Illustration" button when you find the part by description. Or a search for the half-dozen threads discussing the washer pumps here over the last few years. ;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. :rolleyes: I asked cause I couldn't find anything and I was on my way out for work.

I only have two pumps - one in the front, one in the back... No headlight things for me.

I'll take a peek at it this weekend. Seems it'll also give me a chance to check out (and change) the air filter. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow! Thanks Roadie! Yeah, see, I wouldn't have figured they were both there... can you tell I'm no mechanic?

So which is the one for the front?

Oh, and does anyone know the part number? If I have to replace it, I might as well know it by name.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Go to where I get those neat drawings (everybody should bookmark www.compnine.com) and find that drawing. The legend has which pump is which AND the part numbers. Rockauto also can give you the same data if it's available in the aftermarket, and I think these pumps are.

Yes, I'm TEACHING you how to fish instead of simply giving you the fish. I could have just said at first - go to compnine.com. ;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I'm TEACHING you how to fish instead of simply giving you the fish. I could have just said at first - go to compnine.com. ;)
Yes, and I appreciate that, thank you very much - the site has been added to my truckmarks! :hail:

Ya just had to soil this thread, didn't ya... :raspberry

:rotfl:

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
washer pumps

When you facing the engine compartment looking at the two washer pumps on washer bottle the right one is for the rear washer and the left is for the front washers.They are very easy to replace and will cost you $20.00 each at the dealership.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
27 Posts
When you facing the engine compartment looking at the two washer pumps on washer bottle the right one is for the rear washer and the left is for the front washers.They are very easy to replace and will cost you $20.00 each at the dealership.
SEVERLY OLD POST BUT thankful because with all of the info on here and all of the bright people explaining how to test, where things are etc... Only this Junior member had the good sense to help a brotha out and actually say which pump was which. I didn't feel like paying to view the info on that website Roadie was pointing people to. I'm broke right now, sorry. 4 Years late but thanks if you are still around.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
3 Posts
Wiper pump locations

I know this is an old post, but I have a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLT. On my vehicle, when you are facing the engine, the pump on the right is for the front, and the one on the left is for the rear. The 3rd one on the the right side of the the reservoir is for the headlights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts