Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me a while to figure this out. I kept refilling the washer fluid and holding down the spray button and nothing would happen.

It turns out the hose is broken. I will try to get a picture of this added here. But it is towards the back on the right side of the engine compartment. I tugged on the hose and it pops right out and that's where all the fluid was leaking. Made quite a puddle under the truck.

I tried looking in the Haynes manual and there is nothing here on how to repair or replace this hose. (Patching with electrical tape did not work).

Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you can get to both ends of the crack, you should be able to get a plastic repair fitting from an auto parts store. :m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crack in wiper hose

If you can get to both ends of the crack, you should be able to get a plastic repair fitting from an auto parts store. :m2:
No one side of the crack is where the hose disappears under the plastic housing that runs across the width of the windshield just below the wipers (don't know what that is called). I can't figure out how to remove this either.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
That plastic cover is called the air inlet grille panel.

The service manual calls for removing the wiper arms, two retaining nuts,some pushpin retainers and retaining clips, to remove the grille.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air inlet grille AKA Cowl Cover

That plastic cover is called the air inlet grille panel.

The service manual calls for removing the wiper arms, two retaining nuts,some pushpin retainers and retaining clips, to remove the grille.
Thanks. I should have looked harder, Haynes does show how to remove the wiper arms. It calls the air inlet grille panel the "cowl cover", and does describe (tersely) how to remove it.

Seems like a fair amount of time but hopefully this should be easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts