Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have some questions/need help

I have been lurking around the boards for a while and decided to join today! I have a couple of questions for you. The truck is a 06 SS AWD BONE STOCK.

I'm going to the track tommorow and was wondering what i should run?

Are there any tips that you can give me or any easy/free mods?

I have heard that the IAT sensor is in a bod spot and can cause the truck to run slow in the hot weather.

Thanks in advance

Also if it matters i'm going to us 41 dragway in Morocco Indiana. Suppose to be about high 70's out.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i notice that people are saying that they turn off the T/C & S/C. I'm guessing this is traction control/Stability control. Does the button on the side of the shifter turn off both?

Also is the IAT located in the MAF? Just wondering if i can ice down the MAF if i want?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Nice looking truck Doug. Hold the button on the side of the shifter for about 5-7 seconds. First you will see traction control off in the DIC, and then Stabilitrac off. As far as the IAT sensor goes, I personally would not move it. Just my opinion, but colder air makes you run faster, not telling the ECM that the air is colder. I'm pretty sure the ECM won't start pulling timing until the IAT's reach 140 degrees, and that doesn't happen too often (if ever) unless you are supercharged. I let my truck cool down at the track, and time it so it's just up to operating temp when it's time to run. :m2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.