Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on removing the large 02-05 large side molding from the doors and putting the 06+ one on. are there any clips under it?

I saw someone mention using dental floss for this I dont get that since the stuff is so slippery in your fingers!
I am thinking heat gun and plastic spackle knife, but then again i have a plastic curved pizza cutter that u can apply much more force too and on a side angle.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you wrap the ends of the dental floss or fishing line around some pieces of wood for handles, it takes the pain out of holding it.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try that, and using a heat gun also?

I assume yes of course! unless it is a really hot sunny day outside!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
heat dosent really matter,,,i took mine off WITH fishing line {same concept as the dental floss but tons stronger} when it was 35 degrees outside...it took about 5 minutes if that to get all the molding off.... i cant see how using any sort of plastic knife to "pry" the molding off is a good idea.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heat dosent really matter,,,i took mine off WITH fishing line {same concept as the dental floss but tons stronger} when it was 35 degrees outside...it took about 5 minutes if that to get all the molding off.... i cant see how using any sort of plastic knife to "pry" the molding off is a good idea.
Cool that time frame makes me want to get this done instead of avoiding it!

How was your paint underneath not brighter or faded?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Cool that time frame makes me want to get this done instead of avoiding it!

How was your paint underneath not brighter or faded?
my paint was perfect underneath BUT mines a 05 too....if your truck was taken care of the paint should be fine underneath even with it being an 02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.