Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone on here had a custom build for a trailblazer that they had box specs, cuts, diagrams, etc.

Looking to re-do my trunk and clean it up.... It needs it... Badly.

Info:
Vehicle:
2004 Chevy Trailblazer.

Equipment:
(2) 12" Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections

Also:
Amp rack for 2 JBL GTO amplifiers

Battery! Stinger SPV44.

Cargo area dimensions (i know many of you may know these already but just in case): length (inches): 70, width between arches (inches): 46.1, height (inches): 39.6 and loading floor height (inches): 32.1

sub amp: Dimensions Width 18.69 in. Depth 12.31 in. Height 2.38 in.

speaker amp: Dimensions Width 12.31 in. Depth 15.13 in. Height 2.38 in.

(Battery) DIMENSIONS: SPV44 6-3/4" H x 7-3/4" W x 6-1/2" D
(Add 5/8? to height for battery post)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I designed my box in Google SketchUp, first. I made a build-time change to the design, to make it a little smaller (went from 1.8 ft^3 to about 1.35 ft^3). I accomplished that by decreasing the depth of the front panel, pushing it closer to the wheel well.

I wanted something that would fit my JL 13W1v2-4 and give it some decent volume, but at the same time, not take away from the utility of my TB. I do carry large items, and I definitely need the folding rear seats to function without issue. Also, I didn't want to make any permanent modifications, which some others have done -- so no cutting stock panels, for me!

The amp is under the front passenger seat, btw.

You can click these thumbnails to view a larger copy of them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The battery shouldn't be too hard to deal with. As for the amps, one under the drivers, and the other under the passengers seat.

What kind of volume do you need for each sub?
amps are too big to fit. i need about 2 cubes ported and 1 sealed. currently have them sealed... but i want to really open them up

·
Registered
497 Posts
amps are too big to fit. i need about 2 cubes ported and 1 sealed. currently have them sealed... but i want to really open them up
I never really liked the sound of ported enclosures compared to sealed. That's a significant discrepancy, btw. The box I built is 1.35 ft^3, approx, after subtracting driver displacement. The original design was 1.8 ft^3. You could easily build one that has 2 ft^3 and mount both subs in it. There's plenty of room.

Alternatively, Make it smaller than mine, 1 ft^3, and make a second box for the driver's side.

Other than that, you're gonna lose a LOT of cargo area. And I simply don't see the point in driving a SUV the size of ours and eliminating your cargo area with a ginormous sub box. I am especially vexed by this, considering that my single JL rattles my eyeballs and I don't run it full-stop, anyway.

So unless your car is for db drags... why over-do it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just want to get the most out of my subs i guess.

btw the 2 cubes ported is PER sub. sorry about that. all the numbers i posted were per sub.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
correct, which is why I said stay sealed, and either do a 2ft^3 box on the passenger side with both subs, or two small 1ft^3 boxes, one on each side.
ah ic. you're saying dont bother with ported. hmm idk. i'm getting some other design ideas on other sites. i do like that JL box though!

·
Registered
497 Posts
ah ic. you're saying dont bother with ported. hmm idk. i'm getting some other design ideas on other sites. i do like that JL box though!
It's up to you. I have a home audio sub that is ported, and it gets ridiculously loud -- more-so than if it had been sealed. But it's useless when you start playing lower frequencies.

It all depends what you listen to. I've always felt sealed boxes were both more forgiving, more consistent, better sounding, and smaller.

For me, car audio is a nice thing to have to make my time in my vehicle more pleasant... That being said, the purpose of my vehicle is to haul people and stuff.

But different strokes for different folks. I hope your system exceeds all your expectations, once you get it running.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its already there. just want it to meet my visual requirements lol.... its really not.

i want something that you look at and its like wow that looks nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts