Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a write up on how to install stock fogs on a TB but it said I need mounting brackets. Can someone point me in the direction of a install kit for this mod or where to find all the pieces I need. TIA

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
Headlamp Switch 10372952 If you are adding fog lights and are using the factory terminals on the fuse block this is the switch you need. w/Fogs W/O Washers
Fog Lamp Support Bracket 15837586 Bracket issued to remedy shaking fog lamp issue, found on 2006 Trailblazer SS
Fog Lamp (RIGHT) 15076246 LT right side foglamp for 2006-2008 TrailBlazer
Fog Lamp (LEFT) 15175700 LT leftt side foglamp for 2006-2008 TrailBlazer

Items, part numbers, descriptions. But since you didn't fill out your profile, I don't know what year you have.

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Headlamp Switch 10372952 If you are adding fog lights and are using the factory terminals on the fuse block this is the switch you need. w/Fogs W/O Washers
Fog Lamp Support Bracket 15837586 Bracket issued to remedy shaking fog lamp issue, found on 2006 Trailblazer SS
Fog Lamp (RIGHT) 15076246 LT right side foglamp for 2006-2008 TrailBlazer
Fog Lamp (LEFT) 15175700 LT leftt side foglamp for 2006-2008 TrailBlazer

Items, part numbers, descriptions. But since you didn't fill out your profile, I don't know what year you have.
The brackets you list are the ones for an LT bumper. He has an LS, so he either needs an LT bumber, or a set of after market brakets. I don't know of anyone still selling them. If you are crafty, you can make a set your self. Good luck with the install!:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I updated my profile, and your right I have an LS and Im looking for the aftermarket brackets.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Search around some of the other threads for this... Some of the people that have done this mod have made their own bracket from supplies from the local home depot or lowes

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Fog lights

Hey now, I just ordered an aftermarket fog light kit on ebay. Going to be making custom mounts for my 04 TBLS. I just looked under there and I can see there's plenty of room to work with. I marked the possible mounting locations.
These are the lights. They have little LED halos. Probably gonna wire the halos with the running lights and the 55watt fogs with the supplied switch. Comes with a dual switch in case you want to control them seperately. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-ROUND-WHITE-HALO-FOG-LIGHTS-KIT-W-BULBS-WIRING-CLR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33709QQihZ002QQitemZ120378656025QQtcZphoto

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
Hey now, I just ordered an aftermarket fog light kit on ebay. Going to be making custom mounts for my 04 TBLS. I just looked under there and I can see there's plenty of room to work with. I marked the possible mounting locations.
These are the lights. They have little LED halos. Probably gonna wire the halos with the running lights and the 55watt fogs with the supplied switch. Comes with a dual switch in case you want to control them seperately. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-ROUND-WHITE-HALO-FOG-LIGHTS-KIT-W-BULBS-WIRING-CLR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33709QQihZ002QQitemZ120378656025QQtcZphoto
i don't think these fixtures are going to put out much light at all. the halo will probably look cool though!

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Well, If they don't throw off enough light, at least they didnt cost much (wiring included) and I will have the wiring installed, so a possible upgrade will be quicker. I would just have to swap out the housings. I don't use fog lights a whole lot anyhow, so maybe they will be fine. Good thing I don't live on the dark side of the moon :p

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Just got the lights. They are knockoffs of a hella design that's slightly larger. To my suprise, these lights are very bright and the halos look pretty cool. They arrived damaged so they're are going back. :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I went with Plan B. Very happy with the look. I also cut out the vents from where the stocks are supposed to go. I will try to post pic with them off.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
They fit perfect there. How did you wire them to come on without the headlights ?
The wiring diagram For the lights I haven't put on yet, has it needing to be tapped into the lowbeam for fogs. Did you just bypass the relay and go straight to the switch ?
I'm actually going a different route with my fogs too (plan B). I picked up a set of Hella optilux 1102 fogs. They have small oval bodies with a round lens and come painted silver and match my paint. I'm just mounting them in the stock fog holes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ran a wire from the parking lights into a relay So when I turn on the parking lights they come on.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Good deal. I see the parking lights on now that you mention it. How did you wind up mounting them ? How bright are they at night ?
I leave for work in the dark early in the AM and use my remote start in the winter. The problem is that the lights come on while it's running. I don't want the fogs to come on and shine in my neighbors windows across the street. Hopefully, I can figure out how to wire them to a switch and bypass the other lights all together. Maybe nix the relay all together then.

My TB is at the dealer getting a front axle seal replaced at the differential. Started leaking around 33000 miles. I noticed the wet seal while changing my oil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts