·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a new head unit...
Things I MUST have..
  • mp3 playback
  • aux in on front panel (Ipod connection)
  • Sirius/XM Tuner
  • Bluetooth (would be nice)
  • Remote Control
The rest is take it or leave it. also want to retain door chimes.

Currently have basic factory radio - non Bose.

I've looked at Crutchfield, but I'm so far out of the loop when it comes to HU's and mobile audio these days.. I thought I'd turn to the younger folks for some help..

WHat options are out there? I've always had good luck with Kenwood HU's before, but am receptive to all input. (Please provide model numbers - I can find them from there- unless you got a killer deal somewhere.. then let me know where you purchased from).

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
i am a fan of kenwood myself, most of the excelon series HU have what you are looking for, the only thing is the IPOD connection is in the back not the front.

take a look at these 2 units:

Kenwood KDC-X692

Kenwood KDC-X792

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
why does it need to be in the front, most HU's have them in the rear. get the ipod cable and you can run it to the glove box, cup holder, arm rest, ....

how much you have to spend?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Considering a new head unit...
Things I MUST have..
  • mp3 playback
  • aux in on front panel (Ipod connection)
  • Sirius/XM Tuner
  • Bluetooth (would be nice)
  • Remote Control
The rest is take it or leave it. also want to retain door chimes.

Currently have basic factory radio - non Bose.

I've looked at Crutchfield, but I'm so far out of the loop when it comes to HU's and mobile audio these days.. I thought I'd turn to the younger folks for some help..

WHat options are out there? I've always had good luck with Kenwood HU's before, but am receptive to all input. (Please provide model numbers - I can find them from there- unless you got a killer deal somewhere.. then let me know where you purchased from).

Thanks! :D
I have the Pioneer DEH-P600UB and I love it. It has pretty much what you are looking for minus the bluetooth but if you really want bluetooth then get the DEH-P700BT. It is just a model up from what I have. Both radios have mp3 playback, XM/Sirius ready, does not have the aux on the front but it does come with 2 cables, one to hook up an ipod or another to use with a usb drive, and finally it has a remote.

I have always had pioneer decks and I absolutley love them. I got mine from sonic electronics, it was a pretty good deal they even give you an install kit.

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
52 Posts
I put in the alpine CDA 9855 and love it. I have the sirius adapter, the kca 300 blue tooth kit, and a usb input/ipod cable routed up in the center console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts