Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna change out my dash,cluster, gauge lights but i dont know what kindof bulbs it takes. I ve been looking all over but i guess not hard enough. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
115 Posts
I am in the process as we speak. The gauge cluster consists of soldered in incandecent bulbs. To replace the bulbs the "EASIEST" way of doing this is by purchasing the neo wedge bulb from OZNIUM.com and just removing the mini led and resistor card, it will pop right into the blue base from the old bulb, and just resolder. This is the easiest but you can still purchase 8leds and resistors and solder everything in, but the fastest and professional looking would be using the neo wedge.

And the LED on the NEO is already sanded down flat.

FYI:
Sanding the LED bulb flat removes the focal lense on the led so it doesnt look brighter in one spot on the background.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
I wouldn't mind doing this to my truck, but the whole soldering a ton a tiny LEDs and resistors into place doesn't sound like any fun at all to me since I don't like soldering that much. Those neo-wedge bulbs do look like a good solution though. It would be nice to have a complete how-to for all the interior lights.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
:drool:drool:drool let the records show that i needed to change my shorts before i replied to this...thats amazingly beautiful please do tell:hail::eek:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
So how did you replace the steering wheel bulbs???? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.