Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck has onstar and the adaptor from walmart says its for non onstar, I dont need it or use it will the adaptor still work or any mods i need to do.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
I wouldn't think you have to do any mods to get this to work. I'd call Scosche tech support to be sure.

I went through 2 of these and both went south/dead. So I just got one from Metra. Working great ever since.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
my truck has onstar and the adaptor from walmart says its for non onstar, I dont need it or use it will the adaptor still work or any mods i need to do.
yeah it should work.. i have seen others use this walmart type adapter...but walmart seems to be sold out most of the time..at least the last time someone posted about the wire harness fromw walmart...i agree about the metra Axxess wire harness, i have the axxess GMOS-01... for non-bose w/onstar the harness was only $72.. i dont use onstar either but i wanted to keep it "just in case" and to keep my options open.. that axxess one also retains warning chimes, and RAP's so all that in one harness, you cant beat that...but remeber to check if you have the bose setup as well.. if you have bose it will be a different harness...good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts