Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to these forums, but I need some help on a box design, or to talk to anyone who's done this before. Here's a short overview of my system:
Headunit: Kenwood DDX318
Alt: Ohio Gen. 260 amp
Wiring: KnuKonceptz 1/0 AWG. 2 runs
Subs: 2 AudioQue HDC3 15s (4th Gen.)
Amps: AudioQue 2200D (soon to be 3500D) and an AudioQue 90x4 (replacing with 120x4 once it comes out)
Mids and Highs: Crescendo Audio CCX6.5 Components (Front Stage) and CCX 5.25 Components (Rear Stage)
Electrical: 3 Shuriken SK-BT35s and 1 Shuriken SK-BT8785DT Under good. Big 3 in KnuKonceptz 1/0 AWG

Now that you have an idea of my setup, here's my question. I have the 2007 TB 4.2l. Has anyone done a wall in their TB Behind the back seats? I just want to know your opinion on if I should or not, and if so, what was your design like? I'd love to see pics. Any input would be nice, the box is all I have left to finish, and I'm stuck between a wall or just an 8ft^3 ported box. With the wall i can get right at 9ft^3 net. What do you think?

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
8 Posts
IMO, you should just go with the seven or eight cube box. I wouldn't block my back window for one extra cube (although a wall would sound awesome in our trucks). I say, do the usual subs up/port back and you should be stupid loud anyway. Mine is almost unbearable off of 5k watts (at least I think so), and the box isn't higher than my back seats. Unless you're chasing numbers, I'd bet you'd be pretty satisfied.

Just under 8 cubes...:crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
IMO, you should just go with the seven or eight cube box. I wouldn't block my back window for one extra cube (although a wall would sound awesome in our trucks). I say, do the usual subs up/port back and you should be stupid loud anyway. Mine is almost unbearable off of 5k watts (at least I think so), and the box isn't higher than my back seats. Unless you're chasing numbers, I'd bet you'd be pretty
Thanks for the input. well this car will be for demos mainly but I will be going to the local comps as well, that's why I'm leaning more towards the wall. This will be my first wall that's why I'm worried about doing it because I've never seen a wall in a trailblazer behind the back seats. So I was just looking for some input on anyone who's done something like this and to see how they've done it and some advice on mine. :duh: (And also there will be a rear view camera installed if I do the wall, so blocking the window won't be a problem.)

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
8 Posts
Thanks for the input. well this car will be for demos mainly but I will be going to the local comps as well, that's why I'm leaning more towards the wall. This will be my first wall that's why I'm worried about doing it because I've never seen a wall in a trailblazer behind the back seats. So I was just looking for some input on anyone who's done something like this and to see how they've done it and some advice on mine. :duh: (And also there will be a rear view camera installed if I do the wall, so blocking the window won't be a problem.)
Hmmm... didn't realize you wanted to compete. Not sure you'd see the numbers you want walled that far back. Don't most competitors wall it at the B pillar? Probably a reason for that. Not sure though. Good luck to ya whatever u decide to do! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
24 Posts
when im done. im half way through the build then got to get it all wired up and test boom boom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when im done. im half way through the build then got to get it all wired up and test boom boom
Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics! Now I've decided to do a regular box and stay under window line. Switching out my hdc3 15s for 4 sa-12s. The HDCs are for sale!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts