Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CAI on July 28th. I emailed 2 times asking for an update and called once. I go auto responses on the emails and no call as promised. I got told on the phone I would get a call that afternoon or in the morning with a possible ship date. The man told me there was 19 of my part number on order.

They have not charged my credit card which is nice, but it sure would be nice to know about when it will ship. I have other things waitin' on the CAI.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
That sucks. At least they haven't charged you for it, but dang at least tell you something. I hate it when they say "Someone will call you back" and they never do. Nothing is more aggrevating...well besides my ex-wife of course. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy on the phone was actually a decent customer service rep.
The follow up is not so good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you want MAC? Because it is chrome?
It is not chrome. It is Polished Stainless Steel and highly recommended by some one I know from another board. That person also has a TB and led me to this board. Spong has one and I like the looks. Except for one person that could not get his installed, it has good reports.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Ah, stainless has bling. Not familiar with the MAC, does it remove the air restriction like most of the ones for the TB SS?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do believe so. They claim 12 to 15 HP with a 5.3.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Bill Bill Bill Bill :nono: The MAC intake is SEXY! When are you going to get this through your head? lol :laugh:

Plus it makes a really LOUD ROAR on the 5.3 and makes people turn their heads and jump off the sidewalk. :D

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
411 Posts
It is not chrome. It is Polished Stainless Steel and highly recommended by some one I know from another board. That person also has a TB and led me to this board. Spong has one and I like the looks. Except for one person that could not get his installed, it has good reports.
Uh... am I that one person? LOL... For the record I got it installed, just had a little trouble relocating my MAF sensor... And I'll have to agree with everything else posted here... the MAC CAI is downright sexy, and it's got a great performance gain... plus it sounds amazing! Opening your hood and seeing a giant stainless CAI really makes you feel warm and tingly... not to mention that people who know nothing about engines look at it and can tell it's aftermarket. (Women LOVE a guy with a shiny CAI):thumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I WANT MY MAC CAI!

I don't need the bling as much as the HP improvement.

That and the mental HP from the sounds I know it will make.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a notice my CAI has been logged to UPS. Maybe it will be here by Friday.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My MAC CAI just got delivered. The packing was good and the pieces look top notch.

Overall I like it. However the black and white picture of one installed seems to be lacking a bit as installation instructions. Spong's pictures are easier to follow.

Fortunately, I am sure I can get it installed this week. I now have a good road trip mileage log and want to see how this does on the road trip next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts