Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there anyone in Omaha Nebraska that can help me install my new WAAG grille gaurd? i got it today and after looking everything over i cant do this by myself, unless i had a pneumatic lift haha, but if theres anyone with experiance that would kindly lend a helping hand i would appreciate it!
Thank youu!!!:hail:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i did it by myself in a driveway with no jacks or lifts of anysort... its a pretty easy install, the instructions aren't great, but they are unneeded... just use common sense. good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well belive me i attempted before i went on here, main problem is i dont have much room to work with, hard to put on nuts in such a tight space, but id say the thing i need help on is that bracket that attaches to the frame doesnt quite fit right, i think it just needs to be pounded in a bit but id still feel better about assistance from someone experianced :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its complete! finished it today in about 4 hours, turns out all i had to really do was lift my car up, had some more room to work with when attaching the brackets helped :D pictures to come!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Glad I could help!! Hey, moral support goes a long way! :D

Looking forward to pics :yes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres the pics!

Of course it snowed over night!

:D:D it looks great!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Awsome pics.....I ordered the same grill two weeks ago. Cann't wait to install it now that i've seen what it looks like,:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awsome pics.....I ordered the same grill two weeks ago. Cann't wait to install it now that i've seen what it looks like,:thumbsup:
hey man thanks! yeah it was a struggle to get it, haha but it was sooo worth it, by far WAAG makes the best looking gaurds ive seen, plus i hear that Westin and the other makers only bolt to 2 points per side, this WAAG bolts to 4 points per side, so its certainly stronger, install took about 4 hours, its nice if you can lift up the front to get in there and rachet the bolts down, but i love how the supports go through the tow hook holes rather then under the bumper.. and you get to keep your tow hooks!
cant wait to see your pics man!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll be sur eto post once it's done...How long did it take for your order to be delivered???:undecided

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be sur eto post once it's done...How long did it take for your order to be delivered???:undecided
actually it was sorta tricky, apperently the 3 peice UPS ship model was discontinued after i purchased it online, and that store charged me for it but never shipped it when i called they told me the news and gave me a refund, then found another store online (http://gravanatuning.com/)and also told me the same thing, but they had a good connection with WAAG and was able to get them to make one to order, so i took longer because WAAG had to fabricate mine, i ordered it on 1/7/09 and finnaly got it on 1/22/09, but soo worth the wait.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sound familiar....I ordered mine and was billed etc.....Then they said they no longer made it for my model year. Through my research I figured there was minimal difference between my model and the previous model so I ordered that one. Hope my research was right or I'll be doing some mods...:ugh:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm yeah it was a hassle, but tottaly worth it, im glad i was able to get it!
good luck man! hope to see your tb with a WAAG on it!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Looks great!! I just found this thread today. Sorry I didn't see it earlier, I could have helped you out. The last waag I installed was in 2004 on a Suburban. I was able to do it myself with just hand tools.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey spong! where have you been? haha i actually was hoping you would see this i knew you were a waag person, anyways i ended up going down to walmart and getting some ramps to lift it up, thats all i needed it was simple
but thanks dude

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
hey spong! where have you been? haha i actually was hoping you would see this i knew you were a waag person, anyways i ended up going down to walmart and getting some ramps to lift it up, thats all i needed it was simple
but thanks dude

I don't usually scan all the different forums so I never saw this thread. It's in the SS section anyway and I normally don't look here. I was searching with the term "nebraska" which is how I found it.

Yeah, Ramps, jackstands and a floor jack are all "must haves" for a garage!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't usually scan all the different forums so I never saw this thread. It's in the SS section anyway and I normally don't look here.
haha yeah my mistake, i didn't realize i posted it in the SS forums until after i had the thing put on in the first place..definitely supposed to go under the regular tb forums

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
haha yeah my mistake, i didn't realize i posted it in the SS forums until after i had the thing put on in the first place..definitely supposed to go under the regular tb forums

No biggie. That's why I search often for the terms "omaha" and "nebraska" If someone new joins from around here, that will usually find them.

I need to stop by sometime and check it out.

I'm heading to Mississippi early tomorrow so this week is out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sweet, well idk im often at work i work at the hilton downtown and its always busy there

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
sweet, well idk im often at work i work at the hilton downtown and its always busy there
No problem. I'm in southern Mississippi this week. It was 76 here today! I left Omaha early this morning and it was like 8 outside at 5 something this morning. lol

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
help!

hey guys im new to the suv world. just bought an 02 trailblazer with a bad motor from my boss for cheap(i work as a tech at a shop). i put the motor in and now i wanna start making upgrades. i bought a rear bumber gaurd(bolted on great), and a front grill gaurd off someone who had them on his trailblazer, but i am having trouble figuring if i am going to need any additional mounting brackets that go on the frame in order to mount the grill gaurd. anyone got any guidance? ha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts