Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to work about 0700 yesterday, on the main hwy through town, heading N to downtown and this VW starts crawling up my booty so fast I punch it and hit 80-85 really fast to make sure he doesn't eat tailpipe. Well, this guy decides I'm trying to race his butt, so he starts revving to get by me.

Not going to happen.:weird:

I punch it and start pulling, before I know it I'm doing 120 and "HemiKiller" starts pulling even harder. I come up to my turn and take it after having to slow down.

I don't know if dude realized wth a TBSS is, but it made me go :woot: .

Looks like this, but silver/grey:

Volkswagen R32 Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- 3,189 cc 3.2 liters V 6 front engine with 84 mm bore, 95.9 mm stroke, 11.3 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 26 and EPA city (mpg): 19
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 16.4 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 177 kW , 240 HP SAE @ 6,250 rpm; 236 ft lb , 320 Nm @ 2,800 rpm

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
They're pretty quick for sure, honestly though they're a ripoff compared to the same Mk5 GTIs. Pay 8k more for a 60 ponies, AWD, and center exhaust plus some other small things...not worth it when thats almost 35% more than a GTI (24k base for GTI, something like 32-33k for a R32).

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
483 Posts
They're pretty quick for sure, honestly though they're a ripoff compared to the same Mk5 GTIs. Pay 8k more for a 60 ponies, AWD, and center exhaust plus some other small things...not worth it when thats almost 35% more than a GTI (24k base for GTI, something like 32-33k for a R32).
i disagree. i think the 8k more is well worth it. not only are you getting the extra 60hp which u can get easily with a few bolt ons. but yea you do get the AWD which imo is alot better then fwd. the car looks better with the slight body kit and the bigger nicer rims. plus they are limited production. its always nice to have something rare.. im a big vw fan as well ans a bow tie guy. helping my nephew work on his 1st car 89gti.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
My first car was an '89 GTI as well, black with the red pinstripe, second was an '87 GL, wrapped the GTI around a poll. 3rd was a '92 GTI with a '97 xflow engine that I had on the road for no more than a year, sold it because I didn't have the time to work on it. I think my next will be a newer GTI, MK3 or 4, not sure yet, all I know is I want the VR VROOM.:excited:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
i disagree. i think the 8k more is well worth it. not only are you getting the extra 60hp which u can get easily with a few bolt ons. but yea you do get the AWD which imo is alot better then fwd. the car looks better with the slight body kit and the bigger nicer rims. plus they are limited production. its always nice to have something rare.. im a big vw fan as well ans a bow tie guy. helping my nephew work on his 1st car 89gti.
Dude I was -><- this close to getting a GTI this year but found my SS for cheaper than how I wanted a GTI optioned. Plus Im not a huge fan of the Mk5 body, MkVI is much better (my brother has an 08 Jetta too) and what I would have gotten.

I understand the uniqueness factor, thats why had to get an SS vs a regular TB, just here at my school there are around 8-10 other TBs and only mine and one other guys has anything done to it. The SS is definitely unique, Ive seen like 5 in Seattle period. AWD is nice in an R32 (crucial in the SS IMO), but unless you're throwing the APR Stage 3 turbo kit in a GTI that pushes like 350fwhp, FWD is ok (just ok). I love the R32, but Id rather get a GTI and spend the $$ building the engine and putting a stage 3 turbo kit on for a little less than an R32 with more power. Personal opinion I guess, but VW seems to think similarly because there wont be a MkVI R32...

Instead there's rumors of a GTI-R with a 260ish hp turbo 4, this is the Cobalt SS killer Ive been waiting for.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agreed. The R should hold its value better too.

im not a vr fan i like the 1.8 even stock i love the turbo sound.
Really? Have you ever been in a VR with intake and exhaust. The sound alone should make you smile

·
Registered
483 Posts
Really? Have you ever been in a VR with intake and exhaust. The sound alone should make you smile
Yes i have. not saying i think they suck or anything like that. its still a vw which makes me a fan of them. if i had my choice between a 1.8t (now2.0t) or a vr i would choose the turbo. Intake and exhaust and boost the turbo! love the sound a turbo makes!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Yes i have. not saying i think they suck or anything like that. its still a vw which makes me a fan of them. if i had my choice between a 1.8t (now2.0t) or a vr i would choose the turbo. Intake and exhaust and boost the turbo! love the sound a turbo makes!
You sir... are nuts! :bonk: No offense... but the VW VR sound is unlike anything else in this world. You could always Turbo a VR, you can't VR a 4 cyl turbo...

:m2:

·
Registered
483 Posts
You sir... are nuts! :bonk: No offense... but the VW VR sound is unlike anything else in this world. You could always Turbo a VR, you can't VR a 4 cyl turbo...

:m2:
i am not nuts sir. none taken! i agree i love the sound of a vr. and i know u can always turbo a vr. but i love the 1.8's and the 2.0's personal pref! :chillpill:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,749 Posts
From a rolling start I think a SS would kill it! But from a dead stop, the VW would lead by about 1-2 car lengths.:undecided

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
From a rolling start I think a SS would kill it! But from a dead stop, the VW would lead by about 1-2 car lengths.:undecided
An R32? I met up with Caleb from the other site at our meet last weekend, and he says his R32 is slowwww. As in slower than his old AWD SS, only reason he isnt totally regretting it is because they get better mileage than the SS.

Ill post the pics from our meet up, Im slacking big time. Another guy there had an 07 GTI with a few mods that was pretty quick, not sure exactly what he had but Caleb said it was faster than his stock R32.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No way in Hades an R32 is taking an SS from the line, not stock, anyways. I mean, if you turbo one, possibly.

I love the look, and think they're pretty cool...but let's not start taking qualudes.

:raspberry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts