Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to locate the vss wire on an 04 Envoy w/o bose, nav, and onstar?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
349 Posts
The vehicle speed signal is the DK GRN/WHT wire into pin B9 of the instrument cluster.
If you've got the 5.3L engine, it's also available at pin C12 of the engine-to-IP harness 38-way inline connector located on the back side of the underhood fuse block.
If you've got the rear air compressor, it's also in pin A3 of the chassis-to-IP harness 38-way inline connector located on the right side of the underhood fuse block.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vehicle speed signal is the DK GRN/WHT wire into pin B9 of the instrument cluster.
If you've got the 5.3L engine, it's also available at pin C12 of the engine-to-IP harness 38-way inline connector located on the back side of the underhood fuse block.
If you've got the rear air compressor, it's also in pin A3 of the chassis-to-IP harness 38-way inline connector located on the right side of the underhood fuse block.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts

Would any of these work for an 06' SS as well? I would like to keep it inside the firewall, so would the instrument cluster one you mention be referring to the actual harness plugging into the cluster? Thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
54 Posts
What wiring adapter are you using?
I used a METRA. After calling their tech support, I found out that it provides a VSS source wire.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
And a note to add to this, it will function without the VSS wire but seems a bit jumpy.

After you add the wire it disables some functions when going over 5mph. I got around this by adding a switch between the instrument cluster and the radio. Now when I want to change my destination when moving I flip the switch, then I flip it back when I am done.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
115 Posts
Since I don’t think the 2006 TB LS has the VSS wire already at the radio harness, if I spice the VSS wire from the instrument cluster which pin does it go to on the GM navigation console?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hope this helps..

Tachometer WHITE (AC) IN BLUE PLUG ON PASSENGER SIDE OF ENGINE

Speed Sense VIOLET/WHITE (AC) IN HARNESS ON PASSENGER SIDE OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
2008 vss

i'm trying to find the vss wire in the dash for my 2008 L6 trailblazer, i'm installing a pionner nav system and need the signal from the vss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts