Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to servicing my Envoy - where are the fuel injectors and what steps are necessary for replacement? I'm getting the p0304 error code and have replaced the #4 coil and all plugs.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
The fuel rail is located inbetween the intake and the engine. The intake has to be removed to replace an injector.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
haven't done this, but the fuel rail must be behind the intake, above the intake ports. so you'll have to remove that to get to it.

edit: lol what he said :iagree:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
What brand/part # plugs did you use??

Many reports of Random Misfires (P0300) and certain misfires (P0301 thru P0306) stem from replacing plugs with non-Iriduim and specifically non-Delco brand Iridium plugs. The most recommended by GM and the feedback from this site, are the Delco Iridium 41-103 plugs.

There are also a small number of members finding low compression on the suspect cylinder, that should be the next test to do.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved

Thanks all. I didn't need to change the injector after all. The #4 coil was defective. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Can anyone provide a picture or description of where the fuel injectors are and what they look like?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
360 Posts
I don't think wemiller53 or the others have been around here for several years, so I think you're out of luck in hearing from them.

However, as wemiller53 said, he replaced the #4 coil and that fixed his misfire problem.

Now onto you.

What OBDII codes are you seeing - P0300? P0304? Any others? You said that you replaced the spark plugs. Dis you use ACDelco 41-103 plugs? If not, that could be your problem right there. What brand of coil did you use? If you did not use something like an ACDelco, Delphi, Denso, Standard Motor Products, or BWD brand ignition coil, then the coil could also be suspect.

Now, if you used ACDelco 41-103 plugs and one of the above mentioned ignition coils, I would first check to make sure the ignition coil is properly seated on the spark plug and that the ignition coil connector is properly seated into the ignition coil socket.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
'02 TB EXT and '05 TB parts vehicle
37 Posts
I don't think wemiller53 or the others have been around here for several years, so I think you're out of luck in hearing from them.

However, as wemiller53 said, he replaced the #4 coil and that fixed his misfire problem.

Now onto you.

What OBDII codes are you seeing - P0300? P0304? Any others? You said that you replaced the spark plugs. Dis you use ACDelco 41-103 plugs? If not, that could be your problem right there. What brand of coil did you use? If you did not use something like an ACDelco, Delphi, Denso, Standard Motor Products, or BWD brand ignition coil, then the coil could also be suspect.

Now, if you used ACDelco 41-103 plugs and one of the above mentioned ignition coils, I would first check to make sure the ignition coil is properly seated on the spark plug and that the ignition coil connector is properly seated into the ignition coil socket.

Good Luck!
And don't forget to make sure that damn spring didn't fall out of the "boot" between the coil and the spark plug. When I dealt with my coil issues, I had two fall out of the boots in my driveway to never be seen or heard from again! Luckily, I'd ordered three new boot kits when I decided to change my plugs, so I had extras!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts