Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was looking into getting the new trailblazer ss and i wanted tro see what kind of parts they had for it. so i called volant today and they said if i can get 35 orders for the trailblazer ss they will start the build.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
vermorel said:
I'm interested in the Volant....did you talk price? I assume it would look somewhat like the 4.2 Kit....yes/no

http://www.volantperformance.com/pdetail.asp?ID=34
It wouldnt look anything like the 4.2L I6 kit, as the throttle bodies and intake manifolds are configured completely different. The I6 is about halfway back on the pass side facing the side of the truck, while the LS2 is at the very front facing forward.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Let's not forget the fuel/air ratio problem that CAI's create for the SS......is volant going to be doing any reprogramming like vector??...

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
BLK60SS said:
Let's not forget the fuel/air ratio problem that CAI's create for the SS......is volant going to be doing any reprogramming like vector??...
Highly doubt it. I dont know Volant does any tuning, so it probably only replaces the pipe from the throttle body to the MAF and leaves all the neck down and everything so gains will probably not be anywhere the 12hp and 10tq at the rear wheels that Vector gained by removing the neck down.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
BLK60SS said:
Then what's the point?
OK, that was my speculation on what Volant will be doing unless they have either figured out how to tune to compensate (I doubt it) or made the CAI a little better than the stock one to gain some power but not as much as the Vector but keep the stock tuning.

I guess you can wait and see, but why wait when Vector has one coming out next week?:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts