Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Order My Viper 5902 For My 08 Envoy, Got Most Of The Modules/Accessories (Digital Tilt Motion Sensor,Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor,Backup Battery System,Trunk Release Solenoid,Window Automation System,Viper Electro-Luminescent Indicator And Of Course The Bypass).

Question Is I Was Told I Would Need Two Window Modules, Would That Be Good For All Windows Including SunRoof ?

Also Did I Miss Any Modules That I Would Need Or Might Of Missed. Is The Backup Battery Siren And Programmable Voice System PointLess?

:thx

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Just Order My Viper 5902 For My 08 Envoy, Got Most Of The Modules/Accessories (Digital Tilt Motion Sensor,Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor,Backup Battery System,Trunk Release Solenoid,Window Automation System,Viper Electro-Luminescent Indicator And Of Course The Bypass).

Question Is I Was Told I Would Need Two Window Modules, Would That Be Good For All Windows Including SunRoof ?

Also Did I Miss Any Modules That I Would Need Or Might Of Missed. Is The Backup Battery Siren And Programmable Voice System PointLess?

:thx
Each window module controls 2 windows in 2 directions, or 4 windows in 1 direction IIRC. You would need a 3rd for the sunroof.

That said, you really don't want too many sensors. The field disturbance seems like a good idea, but after mounting in various locations and playing with the sensitivity, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO way to make it sensitive enough to work without setting off the warning chirps every time it rains. Same goes for the air disturbance sensor - sensitivity makes it useless.

Also, you don't need the trunk release - that's only for vehicles without power trunks. Ours unlocks with the standard unlock request.

The rest is ok. I went with the backup battery (a must), tilt sensor, and glass-break sensor. If you need any help installing it, check out my tutorial.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I just installed my Python 592 which is identical to the Viper and Clifford models. Aaron, I took a lot from your guide and only had to tap the parking light wire because for some reason my bypass wasnt doing it.

Used the tilt, glass break, and battery backup accessories in my install.

Any reason I might be getting a truck trigger when I use the Python remote to lock it? Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out, Im wondering if the glass break or tilt sensors are set too sensitive?

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
I just installed my Python 592 which is identical to the Viper and Clifford models. Andrew, I took a lot from your guide and only had to tap the parking light wire because for some reason my bypass wasnt doing it.

Used the tilt, glass break, and battery backup accessories in my install.

Any reason I might be getting a truck trigger when I use the Python remote to lock it? Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out, Im wondering if the glass break or tilt sensors are set too sensitive?
I posted a response on the main sticky thread just to keep the response with the original question.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window Modules

Finally gotten alarm installed, but we were having a hard time with the front Window Automation System for front windows because of the auto control, does anyone know how to wire the Window Automation System corrently? I read their must be some type of relay but i want to be sure before i head back to shop to complete the install for the front windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts