Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires, but I'm not sure what to get. My problem isn't brand, it's about the proper size.

- Build info using VIN and door sticker say my 2004 TB should use P245/70R16.
- Current tires (Continental) are P245/65R17.

I am at a loss here. I presume my TB is using different wheels than what came from the factory. Any advice, or input?

I'm going to head down to a local shop to get their input, but what are the pros/cons here? Vehicle rides well and doesn't pull to either side, but I don't want to use the wrong tire on the wheel.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned, that is the stock size on my Envoy. Unless you are worried about having a little less sidewall for potholes and such or plan on going off-road, the two tire sizes have basically the same circumference.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned, that is the stock size on my Envoy. Unless you are worried about having a little less sidewall for potholes and such or plan on going off-road, the two tire sizes have basically the same circumference.
:iagree: 245/65 17 is stock. My TB came with them. Maybe the dealer you bought it from upgraded it to the 17" wheels?

Chris

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
They're equivalent in size, just a different rim diameter. The 17 inch would be a +0 sizing over the 16 inch. The 17 inch rims are were an upgrade option for the TB, standard on the Envoy/Bravada. If you now have a 17 inch tire, that's what you'll need to replace it with, since the rims are obviously 17 inch and not 16.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts