Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! i took a video of the noise that my car is making in my front suspension.

what do you think this possibly can be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front End Squeak when braking

I have the exact same problem with my 2002 Envoy. So far, no car place has been able to pinpoint. I've replaced the sway bar end links and the passenger outer tie rod end to no avail. I suspect the sway bar bushings, but see no evidence of wear. Tonight I used a little penetrating oil just to see if I could get it to quiet down. Didn't work... One thing I think I may have noticed is that it seems to get worse as the car heats up? I've driven it a couple times when it seemed like the sound went away? That makes me think that something is heating up and expanding, and then grinding??? The other thought is maybe it has to do with the control arm bushings? I'm out of ideas, but would love to hear some of yours. If you are able to find out, please post it and let me know.

Thanks,

uniform

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
lower control arm bushings is my guess. Mine does the same and is an 02 also. However the bushings are only available with the lower control arm brackets and are like $200 a pop. Can't just buy a $10 bushing.

It's the only part of my suspension that hasn't been changed but I haven't verified ir yet cause if I do I have to pay for it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, i ended up spraying the lower control arm bushings and the noise went away. and yeah i had them priced out around 200 each so as long as i keep spraying it, it deosnt make the noise.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
172 Posts
My 2002 TB has the same, irritating problem. For a person who doesn't know a thing about the X-bar and the Y-bar, can someone post a picture of what I would need to look at to spray to help this noise go away?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 envoy_sle
11 Posts
NO MORE squaking

last night i was bored and i had the same issue for a few months already...So i what i did to stop the noise was to at first...i used a silicone spray to lube rubber...second i sprayed the sway bar front bushing and all the bushing that have rubber under and around the control arms and so forth...i drove it around the block and it was still noisey so i noticed that the RACK AND PINION also has a bushing so i sprayed the the bushing on both sides and guess what IT stopped the NOISE!!! and that is how i stopped the noise from coming back...Oh and the fronts breaks do not require an adjustment...so let me know if this helped.

RC

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
My 2002 TB has the same, irritating problem. For a person who doesn't know a thing about the X-bar and the Y-bar, can someone post a picture of what I would need to look at to spray to help this noise go away?

Thanks!
this is the lower control arm bushing. Each side has two right next to each other

1 - 8 of 8 Posts