Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
GM allowed the media in the Moraine plant one last time yesterday . A link to the video of the sad final hours and interviews with the workers is here:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1459469120/bclid1459331347/bctid5296535001

GM Moraine plant shutdown occurring in stages
By John Nolan

Staff Writer

Monday, December 22, 2008

MORAINE — The shutdown of General Motors Corp.'s Moraine Assembly plant for sport utility vehicles is proceeding in stages, leading to the planned end of vehicle assembly sometime on Tuesday, Dec. 23.

The plant's body shop, where workers hang panels on vehicle frames early in the production process, already is finished with its work, GM spokeswoman Sherrie Childers Arb said Monday. The plant's paint shop was to complete its work by day's end Monday, she said.

Vehicle assembly will continue into Tuesday, but may be done before the regularly scheduled mid-afternoon end to the production shift, said Gaylen Turner, president of Local 798 of the International Union of Electronic Workers-Communications Workers of America union that represents GM Moraine's production workers.

"Nobody can pinpoint exactly when they're going to be done," Turner said.

GM originally had said it would close the Moraine plant in 2010, but moved up the date this fall as SUV sales continued to plummet. The plant's primary products have been the Chevrolet TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy.

GM this week is also shutting down its Janesville, Wis., assembly plant that has operated for 80 years.

The Moraine plant's shutdown will end a history of GM manufacturing in the Dayton area that dates back for most of a century.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
249 Posts
Thanks for sharing Billdaman!

It definetely put knot in my throat, so sad to see this happening.:sadcry:

Long live the trailboy.:)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
314 Posts
Thanks for sharing. GM dropped the Trailvoy in favor of the Traverse and then announced a cut back in Traverse production by extending the holiday shut-down of the Spring Hill, TN plant. The Traverse is freaking joke; you don't need four vehicles built on the same platform. What you do need is one body on frame mid-size SUV. Thank you Moraine Assembly wish there was another product in the GM pipeline for you!

Vizsla1822
red jewel tintcoat SS
:thx

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
193 Posts
Thanks for sharing. GM dropped the Trailvoy in favor of the Traverse and then announced a cut back in Traverse production by extending the holiday shut-down of the Spring Hill, TN plant. The Traverse is freaking joke; you don't need four vehicles built on the same platform. What you do need is one body on frame mid-size SUV. Thank you Moraine Assembly wish there was another product in the GM pipeline for you!

Vizsla1822
red jewel tintcoat SS
:thx
I agree..

Godspeed Trailblazer

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Sad day for the world of GM lovers, and for all of the families. My heart goes out to all of the workers and their families. With all of the uncertainty surrounding our lives today, I am very thankful for the things that I do have.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
319 Posts
That is Sad I would like to thank them for all the hard working people their. Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Thankyou to all the hard workers that helped make great vehicles. Good luck with what the future brings...

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
A very sad day indeed. Good luck to all the employees. GM should have at least done one complete redesign. With a fresh look and low gas prices it could have sold very well.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
52 Posts
Thank you for my wonderful Envoy. Sorry I won't be able to buy an updated version. Sorry we've elected a government that will see to it that we drive puny electric cars.

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
OMG thats so sad !!!! :sadcry:
i want the last one !! can i ? please ?
...:x.......:x.....:mad:.....:worried:.........:cry:........:x.....:(.....:mad:.......:sadcry::sadcry::sadcry:

i really think Mods should save this video to the gallery of our site :D ha ? what do you think ?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I woke up yesterday and when I got into my TB I took a moment and remembered how great of a truck its been for the past 7 years. I really want to get another one, but crossovers are the new game in town regardless of how wimpy they are.

Thank you workers of the Morraine plant for all the hard work you've put in over the years making our trucks last. I just wish I could have another new one to say I owned one of the first and one of the last TrailBlazers ever made. Who knows, when the economy gets better and if gas prices dont shoot back up to 4 bucks a gallon, maybe a similar truck will be produced again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts