Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey thither:tiphat

I have vibrations problem It Starts at 70mph and as More I speed The vibration Becomes stronger
and GM dealers in Kuwait & Saudi arabia Does not know anything about The vibration problem
The answer to this vibration problem is in the USA & Canada
The Place Where the car was Made
If you have any solution for this Curse(vibration) Let me know

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Depending on the miles you have, it could be a number of
issues.
Start by checking the tires for ballance.and wheel bearings
Check tie rod ends, ball joint and control arm bushings.
Could also be a U joint or cv joint in the driveline system..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the miles you have, it could be a number of
issues.
Start by checking the tires for ballance.and wheel bearings
Check tie rod ends, ball joint and control arm bushings.
Could also be a U joint or cv joint in the driveline system..

my vibrations problem Start Since the first mile
I have 36500 miles on my car and my tires are new:D
7days ago I tooked my trailblazer to Al-Ghanim (GM dealer in Kuwait)
They changed the Front Hub Wheel Bearings & the Front CV Axles & the Upper Control Arms
and I got my tires balanced to
But vibration Did not go:hopeless
Its Driving me Crazy:suicide:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Did they do a front end alignment?
Check the rear drive shaft for excesive sloppyness, could be a
U joint..i doubt it though with low miles..

Here is a thought,,
Take it to the dealer or other service station and ask them to put it on the lift.
Start the TB and put it into gear on the lift. while driveline engaged and tires rotateing, inspect
the rear shaft and other moveing parts for vibration at 70 mph.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Did they do a front end alignment?
Check the rear drive shaft for excesive sloppyness, could be a
U joint..i doubt it though with low miles..

Here is a thought,,
Take it to the dealer or other service station and ask them to put it on the lift.
Start the TB and put it into gear on the lift. while driveline engaged and tires rotateing, inspect
the rear shaft and other moveing parts for vibration at 70 mph.

woooooo there buddy starting a vehicle on a lift is one thing. but putting it in gear and reving to 70mph thats just not smart and incredibly dangerous for anyone in the truck and shop. if that things vibrates its self off the lift with the tires spinning at 70mph it falls and hits the ground, its gona want to launch at you or the nearest wall, and its gona happen fast.

i work in the film industry doing stunts, and building stunt vehicles for movies like death race. so please take my :m2:

they guys here are right though, check all of your bushings, check you alingment, tierod ends, ball joins, and engine mounts, tranny mounts, anything that has a rubber mounts on it, even check your body mounts, exhauste hangers and so on.

good luck

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
woooooo there buddy starting a vehicle on a lift is one thing. but putting it in gear and reving to 70mph thats just not smart and incredibly dangerous for anyone in the truck and shop. if that things vibrates its self off the lift with the tires spinning at 70mph it falls and hits the ground, its gona want to launch at you or the nearest wall, and its gona happen fast.

i work in the film industry doing stunts, and building stunt vehicles for movies like death race. so please take my :m2:

they guys here are right though, check all of your bushings, check you alingment, tierod ends, ball joins, and engine mounts, tranny mounts, anything that has a rubber mounts on it, even check your body mounts, exhauste hangers and so on.

good luck
I have worked at 2 dealers and we did that all the time!!!!!!
Safe NO, but with no load on the vehicle just over idle would be enough
to turn the tires to 70mph..
Sometimes you dont even need to go over idle to find the problem.
holding your foot on the brake for safety..

i would NEVER suggest that a shade tree mechanic do this at home,
But anyone that is a mechanic by trade and has experiance can
do the procedure safely.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
The suggested checks of the U-joints,CV-joints,tires and wheel bearings cover the areas that would cause a vibration(brake rotors also). I would suspect the driveshaft as being a likely culprit also. The rear shaft on my '02 Envoy was relaced at 12K miles due to vibration at speed. The replacement is made of aluminum instead of steel (easier to balance and somewhat lighter). GM has had problems from time to time and I'm sure your dealer can locate the TSB for it.

Just a side note my '83 Z28 had a vibration over 65 mph and I went through everything suggested. I bought a factory aluminum D-shaft to replace the steel one and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
The suggested checks of the U-joints,CV-joints,tires and wheel bearings cover the areas that would cause a vibration(brake rotors also). I would suspect the driveshaft as being a likely culprit also. The rear shaft on my '02 Envoy was relaced at 12K miles due to vibration at speed. The replacement is made of aluminum instead of steel (easier to balance and somewhat lighter). GM has had problems from time to time and I'm sure your dealer can locate the TSB for it.

Just a side note my '83 Z28 had a vibration over 65 mph and I went through everything suggested. I bought a factory aluminum D-shaft to replace the steel one and the problem was solved.

i have an 05 tb with some vibration issues too, but my drive shaft is aluminum. does that mean it has been changed already?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Today I tooked the vehicle to Aljomaih in Saudi arabia the largest GM dealer in the Middle East
they Check the vehicle and they have said that the problem exists in all trailblazers & envoys they said that the vibration is a design problem and GM has no answer at this time in fixing this problem
I do not know if I should take it back to GM dealer and tell him I'm not happy because the vibration is still there, or do I try to live with it??
:confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Today I tooked the vehicle to Aljomaih in Saudi arabia the largest GM dealer in the Middle East
they Check the vehicle and they have said that the problem exists in all trailblazers & envoys they said that the vibration is a design problem and GM has no answer at this time in fixing this problem
I do not know if I should take it back to GM dealer and tell him I'm not happy because the vibration is still there, or do I try to live with it??
:confused:
If they wish to tell you all TB's have this problem then they are free to pay to fly me and my TB there to prove that the TB's do not have a vibration problem above 70, or 80 or 90 or,,, lets not go there. Mine does not do what you are saying about yours and they might not be telling you the whole truth. On the other hand is the road smooth?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:worried:I too have this issue, sorta, had new tires put on and supposedly balanced of course, but feel vibration in the seat of my pants at hwy. speed. Been meaning to take back to get balance checked but it's been raining cats and dogs here (just ran over cat) just joking cat lovers! :crackup:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
I would definately not accept them telling you all of these vehicles do that. I drive 70mph most of the way to work and mine is smooth as glass and I have 20" wheels on mine, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they wish to tell you all TB's have this problem then they are free to pay to fly me and my TB there to prove that the TB's do not have a vibration problem above 70, or 80 or 90 or,,, lets not go there. Mine does not do what you are saying about yours and they might not be telling you the whole truth. On the other hand is the road smooth?
Yes The road is very smooth
I dont no what to do to them
they lt me drive a 2008 envoy & a 2006 and 2007 trailblazer
they all vibrat but in Different ways
are they Trying to deceive me or they are telling the truth
I do not know what to do with them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts