Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an 2006 trailblazer that's just started vibrating, mostly while accelerating. It sounds almost like an old airplane coming from the rear as I'm driving down the road, feels almost like the rear end is winding up, almost like when a shaft is slightly off balance. Ive also noticed a rubbing sound coming from the rear end when turning mostly to the left. If sounds like something's stuck back there and not gonna come out. I was driving it the other night on a road and heard a clunk almost like something fell off the rear axle.
I was doing some driving in the fields recently looking for a lost puppy, not sure if this agitated something or not. Nothing fast, but I did hit some holes as I wandered around the overgrown waterways. I've also recently noticed grease around the inside of my driver side tire. I understand this indicates a worn/torn boot and that a cv joint will need replaced soon.
I've checked u joints and they all seem fine. I've checked transmission and motor mounts and as far as I can tell they are fine as well. I noticed the left cv joint seems to have more up and down wobble that's the right side. I just replaced the front sway links to eliminate the squeaking up front, but it still squeaks-no clicking though when I turn.
I have it to go into the shop next week, but don't like driving it that long with this issue.
Not sure if all this info is needed, but I figured too much is better than not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just noticed when shifting from park to drive that the engine seems to rock excessively from left to right, not so much when going from drive to park. Unless someone has a different thought, I'm going to look further into the motor mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the truck to a mechanic after replacing a 'iffy' engine mount and the CV joint. Turns out both upper trailing arms are snapped in 2...

·
Registered
26 Posts
That explains the vibration. Better check the rear universal and pinion seal just to be sure no damage was done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll have to do some poking around underneath when I get the parts in. It's taking a week to get them....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts