Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You do know that the VHT Nightshades is a spray-on tint. Right? There are, IIRC, a few TV'ers who have used it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
I had bought a can of it back in January and it has been over 5 months and i still have never used it lol.

I plan on getting my lazy ass up and doing it soon.

I have seen a few pictures of them, and if you do it right it looks really legit.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
I've used VHT on a set of tail lamps for my '83 Z28 with good results. It works really well but with all paint projects make sure the surface is clean and spray light coats. Also to protect it I did a couple light coats of clear.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
47 Posts
when i had my cavalier last year, i did two light coats on mine and constantly got pulled over. I am tempted to do one coat on the tb and see if i have better luck with the law.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
215 Posts
i and two of my buddies have used it, all with different results. three "light" coats on each of the vehicles. one turned out like a flat black and could still see taillights during the day, one flat black and you couldn't see taillights during the day, and mine gloss black and exceptionally transparent:D. i've heard of some using clear coat or gloss coat after their application, but it wasn't used in any of ours. and none have ever been pulled over for the tinting

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
I Put 5 Coats On And Are Completly Blacked Out ( Vizibility When Brakeing Is Like It Was Never On ) And I Get Pulled Over At Least 2 Times A Week ( Although The 20k Blue HIDS, 5% Tint All Around, No Front Plate, And A Cutout Doesn't Help The Matter Either ) I Say Go For It, Its Worth It In My Opinion At Least :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
lol yeah it deffently is worth doing. i gotta do mine one weekend.

you guys do your 3rd brake light too
yes...would recommend it.....I did the tails and the 3rd brake light.....got hooked and did the front orange lens as well..........just gotta make sure that you properly paint them so it matches....

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
I did my brother's tails, 3rd brake light, and rear bumper reflectors on his SS. I was also the designated "tail light tinter" on my Colorado forum. LOL I've done like 25 sets of colorado tails, Avalanche tails, Tahoe tails, Ranger tails, Range Rover Sport tails, and several sets of Trailvoy tails now.

Always use Nite Shades, it's a great product! Couple coats of rattle can clear on top, sand and buff and the tails look GREAT!!

And if anyone calls into question, the quality and durability of a DIY project like this, using rattle can products.....here's the 1st set I EVER did. They're 2 years old! :eek:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i ordered a can two days ago and will be here the 8th. if all goes well ill put pics up after it gets cleaned we have done in my opinion alot to it in the last month or so.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I did my brother's tails, 3rd brake light, and rear bumper reflectors on his SS. I was also the designated "tail light tinter" on my Colorado forum. LOL I've done like 25 sets of colorado tails, Avalanche tails, Tahoe tails, Ranger tails, Range Rover Sport tails, and several sets of Trailvoy tails now.

Always use Nite Shades, it's a great product! Couple coats of rattle can clear on top, sand and buff and the tails look GREAT!!

And if anyone calls into question, the quality and durability of a DIY project like this, using rattle can products.....here's the 1st set I EVER did. They're 2 years old! :eek:

How appropriate. He gets a lot of tail in Beaver Falls.:crackup:

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
I grew up in that area....there is tons of tail in Beaver Falls (very appropriately named), New Brighton, Rochester and Monaca too!!! You gotta go to Jerry's Curbside if you're ever in that area:woohoo:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts