Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Yet another question! Whenever the trailblazer is put into park, it also makes this noise, that sounds like it is coming from the vents. It is like a grinding/whirring noise, and its driving me crazy!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
:confused: I have no clue! If the vehicle is off there should be nothing on except maybe the radio from the 10 minute delay. The only other thing I can think of is maybe the engine bay fan, but you should be able to definitely tell what that is. I dont really have any guesses past that. Roadie? :undecided

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Any chance it's the refrigerant hissing backwards through the expansion orifice in the dryer/receiver? That takes 30 seconds or so. Can you open the hood and distinguish that noise from the one you notice? Is yours definitely a motor kind of noise?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a feeling this is one of those, read reply, run out to truck, see if fixed, realize it didn't, run back into house, sign back on to trailvoy, post reply and then wait. When another option received run back out to truck and try that. :raspberry It's ok though, we have all been there at some point. lol :laugh:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha CoyoteFireGuy, that is exactly what it has been, good call! Although I really do appreciate all of the help, the support on this website has been outstanding. I have not gone out to check the new suggestion from roadie yet, I will do that as soon as possible. I does not seem like it is coming from the engine though, it is inside the vehicle somewhere, could it have something to do with the fan in the navigation, or the stepper motors in the gauges, im running out of ideas, and I know all of these parts, make some kind of noise.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Has the HVAC been running prior to shutting it off? Also can you do a little better job of discribing the noise? If it is a hiss like Roadie thinks, I agree it is probably the "refrigerant hissing backwards through the expansion orifice in the dryer/receiver"

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it does it after the HVAC has been running, it is somewhat like a hissing noise, but it is also accompanied by a grinding sound, almost like the vents are trying to close or something, but they can't if I sit there long enough, it will eventually go away.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes, it does it after the HVAC has been running, it is somewhat like a hissing noise, but it is also accompanied by a grinding sound, almost like the vents are trying to close or something, but they can't if I sit there long enough, it will eventually go away.
I think you just diagnosed your own problem. :tiphat

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha cool guys, if that is what it is, I'm not very familiar with the air conditioning system, is that a bad thing if the refrigerant is doing that, maybe a stupid question!:thx

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dont think so, and Roadie will tell me if I am not quoting right. Normal process, it just gets more noticeable with age cause the lines start deteriorating and refrigerant pressure goes down. (I can't believe I just spelled deteriorating right without the auto spellcheck going off, lol)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol good job with that spelling I wouldn't have been able to do that. Well, I'm glad we got that situated, it makes me feel better, knowing its not an issue. I really appreciate all of the help, hope I can return the favor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.