Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was an issue I put up with a few months ago (by put up with, I mean I quit using my left blinker for awhile 🤦🏼‍♂️)

The issue started again just this morning. When turning on the left blinker the dash starts beeping like WWIII, Service Brake System appears on the dash, the “Brake” and ABS lights illuminate and the RPMs jump all over the place from x1000 to no more than x2000. What I have noticed is that my left rear blinker is very very dimly lite (only noticed this by a quick double take while pumping gas one night).

A few months back I installed a LED brake/turn/reverse bar. I had one way back in the day that ended up failing on me after a year or so I just removed it at that point. (When installing that one I spliced into the trailer wiring and hard wired it to the vehicle versus using the 4 pin adapter plug in. (Also I never had any issues back then just to clarify). When installing this new one I was being lazy so I used the 4 pin trailer adapter and did not hardwire. I truly have no idea if these two things are related but I have been trying to wrap my brain around this whole situation and those were the only things I thought could think up... ugh

Guys any and all advise is truly appreciated, I’m a do it yourself guy and can’t bring myself it take it in and have a tech figure the problem out within seconds and get charged a ridiculous hourly rate.

P.s. this is a 2005 Saab 9-7x with the 4.2l

Thank you all!!!

·
Registered
2005 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd disconnect the LED 'bar' and see if that helps .
Hi, yes sorry I meant to mention that. The led bar is disconnected now. Also another note, my left headlight is much dimmer than my right side.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
95 Posts
I would go through and check all the wiring, especially the grounds. A bad ground can do all sorts of weird things! Pay special attention to the left side, since that is where the issue is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's more possessed than mine! Lol
I'd start by wiggle testing as much as I could get to.
I had a a left front turn signal light stop working and it was a frayed/broken wire near the end of the plug in connector.
I'd wiggle test first and ten if nothing shows there I would pull each bulb from its socket and test left turn signal.
I once bought a car with an 1156 stuck into an 1157 socket.
It bridged the parking lamps and stop lamps and made the hazzard lights on dash come on when you hit brake pedal and some other funny things.
I searched and traces it down to a wire under the steering wheel in the ignition harness that had power when it shouldn't.....but after all the searching the CAUSE for the power was the wrong bulb in a rear stop lamp socket.

·
Registered
buick rainier
14 Posts
I just went through this on my 2006 I6... The Left headlight and the fuel pump use the same ground, when you turn on your left blinker it causes more of a draw and causes it to stall because the ground is not sufficient to give the engine enough fuel.

Is your left headlight dimmer than the Right? That is how I caught mine, I knew it was a ground issue because it was dim, especially at night, with the headlights on and the left turn signal...

The ground is located on the left side of the engine block...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts