Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thank you to all the people who have been so patient with us through the entire R&D process after our initial development announcement. I know you guys wanted this tune ASAP but the time invested in fine tuning the cal really lead to a top notch product that we are quite proud of and our beta testers and end users swear by.

Here are just SOME of the extensive changes we made to the SS ECM/TCM in the name of more power, reliability and drivability:
• Proprietary extensive fuel and spark mapping.
• Remove top speed limiter
• Firmer part and full throttle shifts.
• Eliminates the factory 1-2 slip-bang gearshift at low throttle position between 1500-2300.
• Revised up and down shift points to take advantage of the engines RPM band and newfound power.
• Proprietary torque management adjustment - there is still important torque management in the transmission calibration. (As a company we have tuned over 375 supercharged full sized trucks with this same method and never had a failure)
• Beta and end users have reported an increase in fuel economy (Your mileage may vary)
• Rev limiter raised by 200 rpm.

Also included in the price of the tune is a comprehensive update system. This includes updating you to the newest GM base calibration at no extra cost. This means when you ship in your ECM/TCM they will be upgraded to the newest factory release and then tuned; this means those of you with early trucks will also get the newer calibration that is shipping now. This also includes small updates to our calibration such as: rev limiter, tire size, axle ratio, code deletes.
Here are the final production dyno results from our tuning, it’s also important to know that both the 2WD and AWD trucks both picked up .5-.6 and 3-5mph in the quarter (Simulated on the Mustang Dyno)!

Here are some links so you can see what some our end users and beta testers are saying about our tuning:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=3737
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=3725

That said we will begin accepting orders beginning today for our phenomenal ECM/TCM tunes. Pricing is set at $399 and is currently available on a ship in basis (we will examine a core exchange policy if there is enough demand).

If your order is received at our location by 2:00PM EST it will ship the same day it is received, and next day air is always an option for those of you who can’t afford long down times (three days total, one out and one back). We will also be accepting appointments for flashes in the Detroit metro area as well for you locals.
To setup an appointment for in house or ship in tuning please PM or email me and I’ll take care of you. If you have any specific questions you can feel free to PM me as well. We look forward to serving the Trailblazer SS community!

Sincerely,

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm guessing there will be some demand, I might have to break down and buy an ECM/TCM as a core. However if I do that the core charge wont be cheap.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
GTPprix said:
Yeah I'm guessing there will be some demand, I might have to break down and buy an ECM/TCM as a core. However if I do that the core charge wont be cheap.

Highly understandable!!! Gotta CYA!! Let me know if you decide to do that and I will purchase the tune. If for anything to get rid of that darn slam bang shift from first.. man rush hour sucks

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I've got cores in route, now the core charge is going to be about $500 for the ECM/TCM pair so please send them back!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will have cores next week and I'll post here when we get them. Due to the cost we only have TWO pair (IE two ECM's and two TCM's) so we will need them back quickly so keep this in mind.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
GTPprix said:
We will have cores next week and I'll post here when we get them. Due to the cost we only have TWO pair (IE two ECM's and two TCM's) so we will need them back quickly so keep this in mind.

I am starting to get the idea we need to send them back fast huh??:rotfl:

Sorry, just a lil excited

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't gotten my car yet, but where is the pcm core located on these cars, and is it easy to remove?

This tune defiantly seems appealing

1 - 20 of 188 Posts