Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, has anyone had experience with a valve cover gasket job on a trailblazer? I have done my fair share of mechanic work in my garage but is this something I should just pay GM to do? I have oil on my spark plugs 4 to 6, its not cooked on the plugs just dripping. :confused:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
I have the same problem. The gasket has already arrived but I'll have my mechanic do it

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
22 Posts
Hello everyone, has anyone had experience with a valve cover gasket job on a trailblazer? I have done my fair share of mechanic work in my garage but is this something I should just pay GM to do? I have oil on my spark plugs 4 to 6, its not cooked on the plugs just dripping.

If you have experience working on cars then you can do the replacement your self it's not that hard.

The hardest part is removing the intake manifold bolts but the bolts stay in the manifold so you can't drop and loose them so that makes it easier.

You have to disconnect battery, remove pcm, remove fuel line and bracket (small bolt under it) then just move the harnesses and remove the intake bolts, the last one by the fire wall is the hardest. After its off remove the manifold.

Now remove all valve cover bolts (once again you can't loose them)

Then remove the stud holding the ac line on the pass side and move the hose while lifting the valve cover up and out.

That's about it, not that hard. it would be smart to change valve cover gasket, spark plug gasket, and valve cover grommets while there, you could also check for timing chain slack. And clean the intake ports

Also make sure you tighten in a criss cross pattern

Also just go to g m t n a t I o n. c o m you'll get more answers

g m t n a t i o n.c o m /forums/index.php?/topic/12225-How-to-remove-I6-intake-manifold-and-valve-cover

·
Registered
2009 chevy
263 Posts
Re: Engine Tunes/Mods

Hi Josh2015,

I'm sorry you're having trouble repairing the valve cover on your Trailblazer. I can certainly understand your frustration as we rely heavily on our vehicles on a daily basis. If you're interested, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Let us know if you would like our help by sending a private message our way!

Thanks,

Kayla K.
GM Customer Care

Hello everyone, has anyone had experience with a valve cover gasket job on a trailblazer? I have done my fair share of mechanic work in my garage but is this something I should just pay GM to do? I have oil on my spark plugs 4 to 6, its not cooked on the plugs just dripping. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts