Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The &*^^%$ pack rats like the TB engine....:mad:

I am in the middle of changing the spark plugs (2004 EXT TB, 4.2, 64,000) and found a vacuum hose partially eaten through in two locations. To be fair to the pack rats it looks like one hole could be abrasion from an adjacent wire loom.

It's a stiff hose, about 1/8 diameter that goes from the forward end of the intake manifold box, runs down next to the spark plugs to the #3/#4 plug area and then goes over the the right side of the engine compartment.

I'm having trouble with the loose gas cap emissions code, could this vacuum hose be part of that system?

I tried going through the engine parts pictures but couldn't find it.

An easy fix would be to take out the 3 inch damaged section and re-connect with heat shrink tubing.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
The &*^^%$ pack rats like the TB engine....:mad:

I am in the middle of changing the spark plugs (2004 EXT TB, 4.2, 64,000) and found a vacuum hose partially eaten through in two locations. To be fair to the pack rats it looks like one hole could be abrasion from an adjacent wire loom.

It's a stiff hose, about 1/8 diameter that goes from the forward end of the intake manifold box, runs down next to the spark plugs to the #3/#4 plug area and then goes over the the right side of the engine compartment.

I'm having trouble with the loose gas cap emissions code, could this vacuum hose be part of that system?

I tried going through the engine parts pictures but couldn't find it.

An easy fix would be to take out the 3 inch damaged section and re-connect with heat shrink tubing.
Don't use heat shrink tubing, it will..... shrink, from the vacuum and heat under the hood. Use a good quality rubber vacuum hose of the proper size to replace the bad section.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But it's a funny stiff type of tubing and almost pre-formed with molded on fittings at the ends.

It's not the usual flexible rubber stuff.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
But it's a funny stiff type of tubing and almost pre-formed with molded on fittings at the ends.

It's not the usual flexible rubber stuff.
And you can still fix it using rubber hose, just find the size that the plastic tube will fit tightly inside of. Add a clamp at each joint if you don't feel it's tight enough. Done it many times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts