Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered these from VLEDS???? I just got mine in today for the reverse lights (3157) and they dont seem to fit...

The black housing that plugs into the socket seems to be a bit too beefy to fit correctly. I didnt want to force it in, and risk breaking something... given how easily the stock halogens come out. Has anyone else had this problem?

I think I may be able to file down the black plastic housing until it fits, this wont mess anything up, will it? I dont suppose there is any filing or other shaping I can do to the socket house connected to the truck, is there??

Though I would ask you guys before I send VLEDS an email, any and all help is appreciated!

JayOh

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
They fit no problem

Putting them in the plug was no problem at all of course they fit snuggly but not anymore snuggly than halogens. I had no problem fitting them in. Getting them in the housing is a little more difficult uou just pull the fingers back and stick them in there it's a little tight but it's not bad. Getting them out is a different story i think once they are in that's it. I didn't have to shave anything at all. I did use two people though one to hold the headlight and one to put the bulb in. I actually did use a little force kind of like damn it why wont they fit. Then plop and they went right in.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
I wouldn't file them

In terms of the bulbs filing the black housing won't cause any harm to the bulb but vleds is pretty good with warranties and the bulbs are quite expensive and it might void the warranty. You never know with leds sometimes you just get a few bad ones.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I grabbed another set of hands and went at it again. no luck...

The shipping sheet/invoice and the box both say 3157, so its not likely that i got the wrong bulbs... Is it possible, Mike, that they changed the style between your order and mine? How long ago did you get them?

I suppose if I can't figure it out tomorrow on my day off, I'll have to shoot them an email and see if there was a mistake, or if they simply dont fit. Guess I'm just frustrated because I'm by no means mechanically useless, so this shouldnt be any problem for me, or for my father, haha. I'll give it another go before I whine to VLED's.

Any other suggestions?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You also have to be careful. If they are too loose they will slip out of the socket if you have to replace them or one of the other bulbs.:m2:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok, I realized two things. These lights are kind of a PITA right now, and that I need a new camera. Here are some pics... the gist of it is, the black plastic housing is either too round or too beefy to fit into the more slim, more rectangle socket on the truck...

Pics are crappy, but show at least they ARE light bulbs, haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
finally got around to taking some better pics since im spending a lot of time near the backside of my truck with the subs installed. when looking at the profile pictures, the row of lights just right of center should be lined up with the middle of the housing. they are in as far as they will go, and are holding themselves in, however the contacts are not made, and fall out easily...

let me know what you guys think

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, the black part on the bulb looks like it could stand to be trimmed up a bit. i just didnt want to void any kind of warranty in the event i had to send them back to vleds... if they dont reply with any kind of fix, id rather try and make them work before i sent them back. 70 bucks is a lot for two bulbs, but it will be worth it if i can get them to fit...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
70 bucks :eek:, dang. I got the 3156 since you dont need the high/low like you do for break lights. Think I got them off ebay from vleds, super bright and under 20 I would imagine. Not sure if the 3156s were any cheaper than the 3157s though

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually the order invoice says its both 3156/3157... and its a one way, no high/low or other color. so i overpaid, AND got screwed with the fitment, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts