Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have been searching around on here for anything close to the problem im having. First off, its not a problem perse, but its annoying.

When i brake, the brakes like to squeel. i know what causes it, but my main concern is that after i start moving again, it sounds like metal on metal. similar to the sound i get when i apply the brakes.

wtf?

i just did a brake job on the fronts about 200 miles ago and went out to check them all last night. but all 4 brakes look good. maybe they need to be "broken in"? idk.
help me.
oh. btw. i used the cheapest pads i could get. metallic. so thats where im assuming im getting the squeeling from when i brake. but what about when i start moving again?

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Who did the brake job? Brakes are not an easy 1st time project without supervision. They are just too important.

If you had a shop install them, take it back. If you did it yourself, I would suggest swallowing your pride and take it in for an inspection. They should not be making a metal scraping noise after 200 miles. :m2:

It also sounds like a caliper is froze up.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
580 Posts
Could it be brake dust or a stone in there? I've had that happen before....sounds horrible, like metal on metal!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
check the saddle clips that the brake pads go in... the little sheet metal tab kept grinding on my rotor... started out of no where after years of having the brakes on...

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Hey lil bro looks like your having some problems huh? Lol

If you ever need help just call joe he will help you (until I get back down to vegas in a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts