Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to say, this made my NAV install a Joke.. I put in a new Pioneer AVIC-F900BT. All the wiring in the Harness are right there.. Speed sensor, E-brake, reverse output, Mute.. Made my install take about 1-hour. Great interface... Just wanted to share my experience....

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does it get that info off the data bus?
Yup it pulls it right from the factory Harness. All the right wires are there cause GM uses the same Harness for Nav and 6-disc Bose systems..

Made wiring a Breeze and worked the first time... No searching for the infamous VSS wire...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One side note.. (Adding for people who may run into this)

If you use a Headunit with higher than 2V preouts.. You will need to adjust the output on the GMOS-04. There is a set screw right next to the output connector. YOu can adjust it lower or higher. MY bose speakers were not playing as well as they where originally. I found out you need to adjust this screw to match your RCA Preout voltage to get the power back...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you running the sub amp off the new hu now?
YUP.. I can now turn the gain up a bit more, it is soooooo much cleaner or a signal now.

I love it now, I can go with sooo many Music choices (SD CARD, IPOD, USB, CD) PLUS XM!! It was well worth the swap!!!

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
YUP.. I can now turn the gain up a bit more, it is soooooo much cleaner or a signal now.

I love it now, I can go with sooo many Music choices (SD CARD, IPOD, USB, CD) PLUS XM!! It was well worth the swap!!!
cool....maybe after we leave the park next sat i can take another hood flex vid....this time ill bring mah good camera:cool:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool....maybe after we leave the park next sat i can take another hood flex vid....this time ill bring mah good camera:cool:
Sure... Young Jeezy sounds soo much better than it used to.. I got to see the change jump in the cup holder.

Here is a pic of the AVIC-F900BT startup screen....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.