Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started to hear squeaking noise when I hit bumps or I hit the brakes. Sure enough the upper control arm bushings were out. I was looking at some posts and was wondering what the final verdict was for the bushings? Can you buy them separately and have them pressed out and the new ones pressed in? Or do you have to buy a whole new upper control arm?
I also wanted to know if there was a step by step process here.... I'm feeling kinda lazy lol
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
You can get after-market uppers for around $55 that have poly bushings on Amazon....that'll be my call in the spring. Mine don't look great, but are still quiet, so a set of Doorman units are in my future. Still no stand alone bushings available that I've seen anywhere, we can only hope or wish.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
27 Posts
If you guys are interested in stand alone bushing for upper and lower control arms, check out Rock Auto. The uppers come in a box with 2 bushings in them so it does one upper control arm. The ones for the lower control arm are sold individually, they have all 3, the forward inbound, the rear inbound and the bushing with the threaded pin for the strut. They are all MOOG brand so should be high quality. I have the whole set here for upper and lower and will be doing them in a couple weeks. I'll take pics and post up a how to hopefully.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Can you take pics of the parts and the installation? I'd have bought them off rockauto, but I keep getting different shipping locations and instead of paying just $30, i end up with a $100 shipping charge from different locations :weird:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
What shipping, Amazon ships those parts FREE if you're a Prime member. The prices are down since I last looked as well, one side is $31 and the other $39 with free shipping. - That's $70 for the pair of uppers and the Doorman is a decent unit, I used their lower mount last year and the bushings are hardened poly and look like they'll out live the rest of the suspension.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
.... I'd have bought them off rockauto, but I keep getting different shipping locations and instead of paying just $30, i end up with a $100 shipping charge from different locations :weird:
That doesn't sound right. I've ordered multiple items from them, and had 1 shipping charge, even though the items came from different locations.

I'd call them and see about getting that situation fixed.....they might refund you some $$.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Haven't bought anything yet. I may have them shipped to Buffalo and grab a set of 4 Bilstien HD's for $240 while I'm there

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
tips for replacing control arm bushing?

Hi, I'm following this thread from 2011. need to replace the bushings. I haven't taken anything apart yet. besides the trick about bending the metal aside, any other tricks I should know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts