Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve reached the stage of my upgrade that brought me to the driver select switch on the driver side handle.
Does anyone have any pics or clear instructions on which way the LED is mounted?
I’ve already got the switch out and disassembled and the old bulb removed.

then there is the rear wiper switch. I had all three LEDs mounted and lighting when tested with a 9v battery yet when I plugged it in the harness last night everything worked except the LEDs.
Any one have pics or hints on that one?

I would like to do the window and door lock switches except those are using screw in bulbs and I have a feeling that the question I sent to the place that now had LED versions available that blue is not an option.
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
303 Posts
You have your LED bulbs in backwards. I made the same mistake the first time I did mine. You have to plug in the thing you are installing the LED lights in and touch your LED to the light source to see which side is positive or negative. Mark the positive (or negative) side with a marker and then solder in the new ones. That's really the only trick involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what I thought so I turned all three around and the same result. I’m wondering if I broke/damaged one of the contacts when I tried to clean the holes that the contacts go through by prying the very sharp pointed tweezer through and twisted it a bit. I’m going to try again tonight as I have some better Desolder Ing equipment coming and can’t test the dash lights until it gets dark out any way.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
303 Posts
I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I did the same thing when I put LED lights in all the buttons and switches. I ran out before I could do the seat memory and power window ones. I might also not do them.

For the rear wiper switch, check the metal contacts on the wafer board for burns or breaks. I did that when I did the lighting for the 4WD switch. Had to buy a replacement one and CAREFULLY solder in LED bulbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts