Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
My 09 TB had the dreaded manifold crack (covered by GM :) ). The mechanic said since it was a huge crack and my TB was a Forest Service vehicle in Southern Oregon desert....the CAT and mufflers are probably filled with dirt= Change when possible. So I have acquired the following for surgery tomorrow!

• Walker Performance CAT
  • Walker SS Quietflow Muffler
  • Walker SS Quietflow resonator (thought about deleting but I like quiet)
  • Walker Stainless Steel polished tip.

I'll try to remember to take picks tomorrow. Have to get a tube of anti-seize for the O2 sensors. :coffee

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turned out great. Did not have to remove transmission support! Walker CAT is skinnier and slid in place. :thumbsup: Did have to cut old one out...pain :hissy:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Turned out great. Did not have to remove transmission support! Walker CAT is skinnier and slid in place. :thumbsup: Did have to cut old one out...pain :hissy:
audiblehd, I need to replace my muffler and resonator. Quietness is my top consideration. I have read that many aftermarket mufflers have a drony sound, and that the Walker quietflow is good but not as quiet as the factory system. Also that the Walker uses 2.50 inch pipe rather than the factory 2.75 inch which reduces the gas mileage about 2 mpg. What is your experience?
1. How does your new Walker system compare in quietness to factory new?
2. Have you noticed any difference in gas mileage?
3. Would you use these components again if you had to do it again?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts