Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone... i finally got my custom box made and before anyone asks let me explain :raspberry...

the box is ported (6" port on the passanger side firing towards the the panal it faces, we determined for the kind of frequency and tuning i wanted that this would be my best bet)... The box fits VERY snug inbetween the fender wells.. The builder measured it to a T...I also got new subs.. I had 2 12" kenwood cyclones rated at 800W but i shredded them the second they were put into the box :dielaugh: (which i knew they wouldnt work in the box but i had to try)..so i upgraded to the American Bass DX series DX-124 12" 600W peak power.. Man these things ROCK.. extra wide surrounding made for better excursions...totaly satisfied with the box and outcome...the amps are Kenwood 1000 WATTS, one to each sub.. i have a double din 7" touchscreen for the radio in which i posted a while ago so i wont put any pix of that... estimated dB is around 145 according to the shop that built the box... All i know is it shakes the S*** out of the TBSS, im talkin roof flexing, windows flexing, and shaking cars that are 4-6 car lengths ahead of me... Sam... BO TIE SS can vouge for how loud it is :thumbsup:...he heard it at the Mdina meet that we just had on April 18th...

but here are the pix... hope you all like

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
looks pretty nice. i like the lip to cover the amps, though one thing you need to know about mounting amps on the back of a box. the vibrations can loosen the solder joints, therefore increasing the chances of failure.

also, i would refer your system to RMS and not Peak power in the future. nice to see the AB subs

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks pretty nice. i like the lip to cover the amps, though one thing you need to know about mounting amps on the back of a box. the vibrations can loosen the solder joints, therefore increasing the chances of failure.

also, i would refer your system to RMS and not Peak power in the future. nice to see the AB subs

very interesting.. i didnt know that about amps... kinda makes sense now that i think about it lol but i have had them for about 6 years now and no problems?? been in mulitple cars powering multiple subs.. now that i say that watch them blow up tomorrow lol..but definetly got my moneys worth from these amps... but the RMS of the subs are 300WATTS i only put peak because of what it said on the sub.. but they can handle way more..im very impressed with the AB subs.. i had 4 8's in my dodge dakota truck before and they sounded pretty good...

but thx for the info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
knock on wood.

yeah, their amps look very solid. the VFL 80.1 and 100.1 looked very tempting.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
Looks great, I found that the port on the side really made things louder for some reason. I plan on a new enclosure but still unsure as to how it will be. Got any vids of them in action?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
I can vouch for feeling it 6 car's ahead of him!! :rotfl:

Got any vids of them in action?

I'll get some vids of the flexing next time I'm up there. (he's my brother) I keep trying to take him somewhere for a nice photoshoot with a REAL camera, instead of cell phone pics :duh:, but everytime we try, he's got some new parts rolling in so we keep waiting till he's "done" (for now at least...lol)

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill try to get a vid on my cell phone... i dont want to piss any of the neighbors off lol.....

and all you heard was the kenwoods JOSUE.. in which one was blown..(found out when i put in the new subs).. but you gotta hear the American Bass'...

dayum :rotfl:.. its supposed to be nice today so ill get one today...

thx for all the positive feedback...

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok here is a video from my cell phone as promised... dont mind the quality.. it is a cell phone video :raspberry

but i start out with showing the voltmeter drop as the bass hits... when i turned the truck on it was at 15.1 and as you will see it drops to 12.2 :eek:, then you will see the roof action.. looks like my roof is on water with the way it flex's lol.. but try to focus on the reflections.. that will give you a good idea of how the metal is moving...enjoy :thumbsup:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91ALDW1xOo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts