Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT (170,000KM)
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a dead battery after truck was sitting too long and had to get a jump start. Since then the ABS and the Brake (( ! )) indicator is on. Any thoughts? Any likely connection between the two?

Thanks

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
758 Posts
Had a dead battery after truck was sitting too long and had to get a jump start. Since then the ABS and the Brake (( ! )) indicator is on. Any thoughts? Any likely connection between the two?
Verify all fuses, especially those for brakes and ABS.

Connect a scan tool, look at the data stream, especially wheel speed sensor data. While the scan tool is connected, you could check for ABS codes as well.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing from the scanner. But the problems have been so Intermittent that the dash lights flash for sometimes just seconds at a time.

Today, the brake light came on, the service brake light, the Stabiltrack and the service Stabiltrack light. But on top of this the door locks cycled twice and the security system light came on as well. Lasted about 2 seconds and everything was perfectly normal again.

I looked at the ground locations under the driver seat but... it's not there. I had the left front chassis repaired last year and where the ground is meant to be was replaced with new metal welded in. I wasn't able to get a look to see if the ground wire was replaced on the inner frame, but I feel this has something to do with what's going on here...

Would a bad ground have an impact on the security system and the door locks cycling? Those are the newest issues to appear on top of those previously mentioned...

· Registered
758 Posts
Nothing from the scanner.
Define "nothing".

"Nothing" is not possible, unless something is broken. Did you get appropriate wheel speed sensor readings? All of the sensors sent the same speed?

All those lights on the instrument cluster, and no codes for engine, transmission, ABS, Stabilitrack, Body module in history or current?

WHAT SCAN TOOL ARE YOU USING?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's just a basic code reader AFAIK. It's not mine, borrowed, so I don't have a lot of knowledge on how capable it is. But the only code it gives is the one that I know is for the o2 sensor at the back that I've refused to replace 😑 ...

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,163 Posts
Many many "code readers" only communicate with the engine computer and ignore the:

Body control computer
Electronic Brake Control Module
Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Module
HVAC Module
Transfer Case Control Module
Drivers Door Module
Passenger Door Module
Liftgate Module
Radio (also a computer module)
Amplifier (also a computer module)
Generator Control Module (where equipped)
Rear Audio/HVAC Module
Etc... Etc....

· Registered
758 Posts
"Code readers" are not "scan tools". There's a huge difference in capabilities and usefulness.

A scan tool can read codes...and so much more.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
⬆⬆⬆⬆

Not sure what all that's supposed to mean, but whatever. It was the ground under the driver side. The mechanic/welder who did the chassis work moved the wire but it had come unclipped. Had it reinstalled today at no charge. Everything back to normal...

...aside from the discovery of a leaking oil pressure switch... oh well... at least it's a quick fix.

· Administrator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
772 Posts
⬆⬆⬆⬆

Not sure what all that's supposed to mean, but whatever. It was the ground under the driver side. The mechanic/welder who did the chassis work moved the wire but it had come unclipped. Had it reinstalled today at no charge. Everything back to normal...

...aside from the discovery of a leaking oil pressure switch... oh well... at least it's a quick fix.
Thanks for the follow up . (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts