Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,581 Posts
Well, based on your description, I would check the body control module which I believe is underneath the driver's side passenger seat. It could have gotten wet and connections could have become corroded as a result of washing out the back end.

It could also be the liftgate module (also called the read body control module).

Another thing to check is the wire bundle at the top of the rear hatch inside the rubber boot. Wires inside it are known to break and make intermittent contact. Look for the wires where the insulation has thinned out as a result of the wires being pulled on a gazillion times.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, based on your description, I would check the body control module which I believe is underneath the driver's side passenger seat. It could have gotten wet and connections could have become corroded as a result of washing out the back end.

It could also be the liftgate module (also called the read body control module).

Another thing to check is the wire bundle at the top of the rear hatch inside the rubber boot. Wires inside it are known to break and make intermittent contact. Look for the wires where the insulation has thinned out as a result of the wires being pulled on a gazillion times.
Thanks for your input, Chem-mMan, I'll check those places, I was also thinking about the endgate key switch assembly, it has the ability to command both the window and roof, ANYTIME...could it be sending random signals ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts