Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, these are for projector low beams. I looked at the factory connector for the lows. They don't look like they could fit anywhere in there. I have an orange and a white wire terminating with a connector for the factory lows.

This is a 2009 envoy btw.

· Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
What HID bulb size did you buy. Cause I had 880 Bulbs and I had the same connectors.. They just push into the factory connector. Can you get me a pick of your factory plug..

· Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
The way it should go is. Bulb connector to Ballast, Ballast to HID Bulb.

Those connectors have to connect to the Factory Harness to give the Ballast a power Signal.

· Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
Are these stock Envoy Headlights or Aftermarket?? Cause you should have ordered 9006 HID KIT.. Cause the White/Orange connector should have Plugged into the connector on the Ballast. Then the other connector Plus into the HID Bulb. I think you have the Wrong kit.. what does the Box say??

· Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought headlight housings with retrofitted projectors in them from Ricky (he is a member here). The projectors require D2S type bulbs. The bulbs fit just fine and everything else is great except for this.

· Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
The connector is a Stock Connector and that is the reason it won't connect to the Ballast..

Here is what Mine look like..

Red is the Factory Connector to HID connector

Blue are the Connectors from the factory connector to the Ballast

Baby Blue - Is the HID connector to HID Bulb

· JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
645 Posts
The problem you are having is quite simple to solve, but you have a D2S harness connector with pins.

You need a 9006 harness connector that will plug into your factory power supply (i.e. the connector that used to plug into the 9006 bulb)

The simplest way to do it would also use an 880 extension harness--similar to the D2S as it has 'pins' or metal tabs...but they are skinny to fit into the 9006 harness side...the D2S pins look large like H13 or H4 type bulbs.

Essentially, you just don't use that one connector with the (2) pins and you need a 9006 extension harness..

-Mike

· Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
The problem you are having is quite simple to solve, but you have a D2S harness connector with pins.

You need a 9006 harness connector that will plug into your factory power supply (i.e. the connector that used to plug into the 9006 bulb)

The simplest way to do it would also use an 880 extension harness--similar to the D2S as it has 'pins' or metal tabs...but they are skinny to fit into the 9006 harness side...the D2S pins look large like H13 or H4 type bulbs.

Essentially, you just don't use that one connector with the (2) pins and you need a 9006 extension harness..

-Mike
The pro Steps in and makes it all better.. :hail::hail:

2007 chevy
645 Posts
Believe this or not, you could also solve your problem with a 9006 relay harness.

Either from me or any other HID vendor.

the 9006 'signal' part of the harness plugs right into the factory connection (that was originally plugged into the bulb).

Connections are made to ground and 12v battery.

And finally, the relay allows battery power to flow to (2) more 9006 connectors--these connectors just happen to be exactly what powers the ballast(s).

You have the bulb connections (2 separate individual connectors) that get power from the ballast...and you're done.

I hope that makes sense...I can picture it clearly, then again I do this stuff day in and out.

Lastly, please consider a DRL modifier (me), killer (tblazed) or the like...

So--I can help you in (2) ways.

1. I have a bunch of extra 9006 'extension harnesses' that I can let go really cheap. (6 bucks each--you need 2)

2. You can buy a relay harness (9006) which is 13 shipped.

-Mike

· Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for everything so far guys!

Do you think I can just splice those in? red to orange and black to white?

I do have the DRL killer in already.

Your instructions are very much appreciated Jetttstream, and yes, I do understand what you are saying.

But I would like to see if there is a possible way to just retrofit those wires in. But if worse comes to worse, i will purchase those extensions from you. (I have to use the car tomorrow, so that means putting all the old stuff back together and in).

2007 chevy
645 Posts
This is my setup from retro solutions so that you can see everything I have lol:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7130/img09201.jpg

Is there any way to retro fit these wires into the connector just so that I can get it up and going, preferably without buying another adapter and waiting for it to come mail order?
That very connector you have pictures leaving the ballast and ending up no where with (2) pins exposed is the problem.

Like I said I have 9006 versions of that.

Priority mail is 6 bucks, and 2-3 days shipping. Thursday is our ship day so it would leave tomorrow.

PM me for any more info.

You last resort to get up and running now is to cut the pins off and connectors off and connect them....highly unrecommended IMHO.

Good luck,

-Mike

2007 chevy
645 Posts
Thanks for everything so far guys!

Do you think I can just splice those in? red to orange and black to white?

I do have the DRL killer in already.

Your instructions are very much appreciated Jetttstream, and yes, I do understand what you are saying.

But I would like to see if there is a possible way to just retrofit those wires in. But if worse comes to worse, i will purchase those extensions from you. (I have to use the car tomorrow, so that means putting all the old stuff back together and in).
Yes, you can do that, because you are completing the circuit the correct connector would be making. An unforuntate cut, but it would serve the purpose.

I would hope you have a good crimp tool and butt connectors OR spade connectors.

You know the right polarities, so it sounds like you are on your way.

-Mike

· Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to get the car up and running for tomorrow, so I think I will make the move and do a crimp job with connectors.

I will add that these are not my primary headlights, they are a second set. So I still do have my originals safe and sound, should something tragic happen.

Thanks for all the guidance!
-Wirercx

· Registered
5,201 Posts
Hey sorry for the delay in the thread...looking at the pic you have the bulb upside down...just an fyi.....I would love to help you out with the hids but unfortunately I would be the wrong person to talk to...I got mine done professionally at the shop...all i purchased was the d2s harness and the bulbs...also looking at the pic the harness is only 1 piece...i'll post pics of what needs to be done to get these projectors in......be back in 15min....

· Registered
5,201 Posts
Got some pics........

these are the connectors D2S.....

connected to bulb(d2s harness) male and female connector to go to ballast..

this is where my ballast is installed(zip ties holding it in place) and wires.....

and this pic shows were you need to cutout the back of the headlight so it goes straight in....cut all around so it the headlight fits right in...do it on both sides.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.