Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm going to fully explain my situation to help alleviate some concerns.

I successfully pulled the Bose speakers from an '03 Envoy at a salvage yard, and swapped them out with my stock sound system (mainly for an upgrade, as the rear stock speakers were blown.) They work great, but I figured I'd go all the way and pull a radio from a different Envoy they had there to see if there was any difference in quality, as from my knowledge, the built in amp on the Bose stereo (also from an '03 Envoy SLT), is more powerful. However, the radio is theftlocked. I've looked into the security chip removal option, as there is no one in a feasible range with a Tech II tool to unlock the radio. Are there any other ways of doing this? Also, what might cause popping in a speaker with bass turned up slightly and the volume a little higher than usual? My rear drivers side speaker started doing this, and I know that the wires are good. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help. :D

Regards,

Cheer

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Update*

The sound system is now definitely being weird. The rear speakers are both popping in and out, and will come on with temporarily no distortion when I turn the volume up. However, most of the time they will just go out. Is it an amp, the head unit, or what? The wiring is good and the speakers themselves worked perfectly on install a few weeks ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts